Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide will be suitable for GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WIFI ??

Hey
I did connect wires to chip and than connected provided with motherboard antenna.
my signal is super strong.
Yep. Just followed the guide and install kexts and thats it.

Good luck!
Hey so I connected the wires feeding into the IO and screwed in the antenna thing. After a long boot up time and significant doubt... I am extremely happy to say that my WIFI and Bluetooth are now working.

Thanks,
Jake

In clover configurator you have to check fix shutdown on the main page. Worked for me.
Jeeez! it was so easy? ....I just checked that Option 'Fix shutdown' and the problem seems solved :D
Thanks!

This is the problem that I posted earlier in this thread, and how I solve it.

"Multiple EFI entries in BIOS. Please follow this link to fix this issue http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/. The #53 post by MacMerlin on page 6 helps a lot for my case."

It's a serious problem, and it seems like an entry will be created for every reboot of the system.
I just deleted several boot entries. Only 3 remains
Check this picture
bM5SLD0.jpg
Option 00 is a DevPath - PciRoot....so I have to delete it right?

But what about Option 01 & 02?
Which is My SSD? Which one should I leave?

BTW, this is what I have right now when enter to my BIOS
The OS is in the Option Boot #3? [UEFI OS]??
88uvjpB.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this amazing guide! Have got my first build working after several hours of trying. Couldn't get my Z170N-WIFI started with the steps mentioned in the guide, but I started from scratch with the general guide and now got almost everything working!

Still have some problems when the system goes to Hibernate, do I restart it with a push on the powerbutton?

Thanks for this amazing guide! Have got my first build working after several hours of trying. Couldn't get my Z170N-WIFI started with the steps mentioned in the guide, but I started from scratch with the general guide and now got almost everything working!

Still have some problems when the system goes to Hibernate, do I restart it with a push on the powerbutton?
You need to open CloverConfigurator, then mount the EFI and in the first screen look for 'Fix shutdown' and check it. Edit / Save, then quit Clover and restart. Then try to shut down and see if your problem is solved.

You need to open CloverConfigurator, then mount the EFI and in the first screen look for 'Fix shutdown' and check it. Edit / Save, then quit Clover and restart. Then try to shut down and see if your problem is solved.

Thanks for you reply Herovd. Done that, didn't work. It will go to sleep as promised, it wakes up by moving my mouse, but then there is no display working.

Total noob here (perhaps it's not my hackintosh :( )

I've gone through the setup numerous times - I'm using the snazzylabs build to a T, other than my Samsung is a 1TB drive (doubt that should matter from what I've read).

I can't for the life of me get the install started - the furthest I get is clover (do I need to set any further options in clover on the initial install?) - I keep getting "this version of OS X is not supported" and I get the MAC identifier for the reason. I've tried download and resetting the config list numerous times. I'm using the HD530 graphics - I ordered the wifi chip that snazzy labs pointed to from amazon. can't get this lovely machine to get any further.

So I saw this fault on here three times or so with no replies. I couldn't find a solution anywhere, I tried re-downloading all of the tools, switching ports I used - everything I could think of.

As a final, last ditch, I decided to try and update my MBP to El Capitan and start from there and BOOM. My copy of El Capitan had gotten corrupted in downloading from the app store somehow. Hope this may help someone else.

Thanks for you reply Herovd. Done that, didn't work. It will go to sleep as promised, it wakes up by moving my mouse, but then there is no display working.
If you sleep you computer, it has to wake up if you move the mouse.
You mean shut down?....I don't know what to say...It worked for me....do you have the H170N?

Mm... Gays ! Wtf ?
8 sec apple and restar after enter..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back