Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying!

I updated to 10.11.4 today, and after setting inject->intel to false and removing ig-platform-id key and corresponding string in config.plist everything seems good. :thumbup:

Using 2 hdmi 1080p monitors.

Cinebench have e a weak 27.96fps for OpenGL, while Luxmark gave me 1889 for OpenCL. Results added to Graphics Testing / benchmarking Chart

This was exactly what I hoped for, going with a skylake build instead of broadwell, using an old discrete graphics card wile waiting for HD 530 drivers
:headbang:

OK, I've updated the guide for 10.11.4. It's a little simpler now, and works with both HD 530 integrated graphics and Nvidia graphics. Shouldn't need to make any changes if you've already got it running, though.

Success with 10.11.4 updated guide on GA-Z170N-WIFI

Thank you for this great guide! I followed the 10.11.4 updated version yesterday on my Z170N-WIFI (BIOS: F7) and so far everything works like a charm. I replaced the Intel wireless card with the recommended DW1560. With your SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml all USB3.0 Ports are working (front & back) I could not check the type-c port as I don't own any devices for it. iMessage, Handoff, Airdrop are working too. RAM is listed as "16 GB ???" in "About This Mac", I guess I messed something up in the config.plist, will check that later.

Here is a list of my parts:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-6700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133 16GB (2 x 8GB)
HDD 1: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
HDD 2: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2
GFX: MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (White)
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 530W L8 CM Modular
Monitor: Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Apple Wired Standard Keyboard
WiFi: Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560

I am currently booting from the 850 Pro SSD. I was able to install to the 950 Pro with the NVMeGeneric.kext and boot to it but after the first reboot I only got the prohibited sign. Will try to fix that when I have some free time...

Hey ammulder,

I used your guide a while back to create a rather successful hackintosh, except using a Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 1 board. You gave me some specific advice pertaining to my board here.

It's all working very well, except for my USB's; they'll appear fine when plugged in initially, but if I put my computer to sleep (darkwake=8), and re-awake, nothing will be mounted, and trying to plug anything in again will not work. I need to reboot my system to see the drives again.

I was using the USBInjectAll 0.5.8 kext to accomplish USB support; was running 10.11.3, tried upgrading to 10.11.4 with no luck. Any idea what I can do to get it working nicely again?

Hi,

I followed the guide, but until booting from the USB i got a monitor disconnect and die monitor will never be activated during install procress. I use the new El Capitan 10.11.4.

I had successfully installed mac OS with the old El Capitan version 10.11.3.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

I followed the guide, but until booting from the USB i got a monitor disconnect and die monitor will never be activated during install procress. I use the new El Capitan 10.11.4.

Are you using integrated graphics or a separate video card?

What connection type does your monitor use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back