Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your guide fully for the bootable usb and installation, but I get "service exited with abnormal code: 255" straight after missing Bluetooth transport line. and if not in verbose i get the progress bar bit more halfway through with the frozen rainbow spinning circle.

This guide is for a different board than yours, so I can't say for sure whether it should work. You might consider posting in El Capitan Desktop Support where someone with that board is more likely to be paying attention.

That said, the lines you quote suggest that graphics is not starting. You will need nv_disable=1 in your boot arguments, and then graphics should start (though unaccelerated until you install the Nvidia Web drivers). However, you may need to try different video connectors on your card. I'm not sure what it has, but in general, VGA ports will not work. The Nvidia config.plist in the first post already includes nv_disable=1, FWIW.

The other possibility is that your USB ports are not recognized. You will need USBInjectAll.kext on your install drive, and the port limit patch in config.plist (this is also included in the nvidia config.plist in the first post, but you need to copy USBInjectAll.kext to the drive yourself).

You should make sure the machine you created the installer on has 10.11.4 installed and has a fresh download of the 10.11.4 installer (e.g. not possibly an older installer downloaded before 10.11.4), because this guide lacks the IOAPIC patch needed to install 10.11.3 or earlier.

If none of that helps, I suggest you post to El Cap Desktop Support with a photo of the screen in verbose mode where it stops (wait a minute or two for any additional output even after you think it's done), along with the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist from your USB install drive EFI partition.

Thank you so much for this! My hardware is coming on Saturday, I bought this board specifically because of your guide.

I do have a question. In the very beginning, you have the SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml SSDT listed to be downloaded, but I don't see where you list what to do with it. Does this go in the same location on the CPU SSDT?

Thank you!

[EDIT] I just read the steps again. I missed the part where it said all SSDTs go into the ACPI/Patched. So, question answered!

Thanks again for such a detailed guide!

Anyone having restart on shutdown after a second or two?

I have checked the Bios settings and disabled Wake on LAN.
I cannot find the wake on USB or whatever option in my Bios 4C.

Anyone else having similar issues?

TIA

So I have an i7 6700k with a Gigabyte H170-D3HP and an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti. I booted into the installer successfully using -x -v and ticking "InjectEDID", "InjectNVidia" and "Generic NVIDIA name" in the Graphics Injector Menu.

However when I try to boot into OS X after the install, my system crashes. Here's the config.plist I am using: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide-config.plist

Here's a video of the boot, it seems to reach iobluetoothfamily, goes to the apple loading screen and then crashes with HFS: unmount initiated on untitled on device disk2.

https://youtu.be/ZmsyQa7SqMk

Maybe try changing

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x03</string>

to

<string>0x67</string>

And here's another experience I have on Skylake plattform

I see lots of people using Mac Pro 3'1 SMBIOS to prevent some issues

Which is fine,but personally I found that iMac 17'1,the only Mac natively running on Skylake as I know works better for my 6700K hackintosh

At least it gives me better benchmark:crazy:

The only problem I have is black screen on boot but the method in this thread solves it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Maybe try changing

<string>0x03</string>

to

<string>0x67</string>

And here's another experience I have on Skylake plattform

I see lots of people using Mac Pro 3'1 SMBIOS to prevent some issues

Which is fine,but personally I found that iMac 17'1,the only Mac natively running on Skylake as I know works better for my 6700K hackintosh

At least it gives me better benchmark:crazy:

The only problem I have is black screen on boot but the method in this thread solves it
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html
Still doesn't work :( Anyone else with this mobo?

I have installed OS X. Can't boot without nv_disable=1. When i try to boot without nv_disable=1 i gеt "No Signal" (Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence)
And i tried from this post both methods. What's wrong?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 211
Great tutorial~! Thank you

MY COMPUTER IS
CPU: SKYLAKE i5-6600
RAM:SAMSUNG DDR4 16GB x 2
MB: GA-H170-GAMMING
VGA: GIGABYTE GTX750 TI 2GB
OTHER: SSD/HDD

This was an awesome guide! Easiest hackintosh build I've ever had.

I only ran into two issues:

1 - My iMessage would not let me register with my newer Apple ID (made in the last three months), gave the customer code, etc. Called Apple three times and had them enter the code, no luck. I was able to login with my older Apple ID though, so I transitioned back to that one.

2 - The build won't wake from sleep. The power lights come on, but nothing responds. It actually took down my internet somehow. I think it might be caused by the Bluetooth USB adapter I'm using (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E96JBK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20). I'm going to buy the DW1560 M.2 card as I need wireless anyways.

Switching back to a hack from a Mac mini 2012, I was a bit worried as I had done a hackintosh in the past and it was a pain. Things have definitely progressed in the last few years.

All in all, great build/guide!

My Build:

GA-H170-WIFI
i5-6500
Vertex 4 / WD Black - Fusion Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2x8GB
Corsair Obsidian Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back