Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a million times, I follow this to install a Hackintosh on the Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
didn't have to change major things for the mother board, only have normal issue with GPU.

Thanks again ;)

You also need to run the commands there to rebuild cache with the changes.

If I'm understanding right and the issue is that the screen turns off midway through the progress bar under the Apple logo, that's the most likely candidate. (If you're not using the recommended iMac17,1 system definition, you need to change the line in that config file after the board ID that you're actually using.)

You might also try different outputs on the video card, and also different inputs on the monitor, and also power-cycling the monitor after it goes off.

Hi Ammuler,

My system definition is indeed iMac17,1. When I run the terminal command "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel", I get several error messages. They all begin with "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature.......". It gives this message for realtekALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, AppleIGB.kext, AppleHDA.kext. It then says "AppleGraphicsDevcePolicy.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting."

I think this is the problem? but I'm not sure what to do about it.

The invalid signature messages are expected, but the incorrect permissions message is a problem.

I might try going to terminal and running something like this:

Code:
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chown -R root:wheel AppleGraphicsControl.kext

And then try the kextcache commands again and see if they don't complain about permissions any more.

The invalid signature messages are expected, but the incorrect permissions message is a problem.

Code:

And then try the kextcache commands again and see if they don't complain about permissions any more.

Why do you have to be so damn helpful? =)

I had this same error but since I'm running a gigabyte z170n wifi motherboard, gave up and decided to wait specifically for any reports of success on my mb.

Previously, I followed your guide to the "t". Everything worked well. Overclocked the i5 cpu to 4.8ghz. But the EVGA 750 Ti just wasn't installing properly. Didn't want to remove the card because everything is a tight fit with my watercooling-- made the mistake of trying to pack everything into a small case.

I think I'll have to give it a go again.

Code:

Hi Ammulder,

I tried your terminal commands, but it did not fix the errors. However, I was able to get it working!!!!! For anyone else out there who is having this issue, I was able to fix it by googling terminal commands for repairing disk permissions. After disk permissions are repaired, restart computer, insert the GPU, change the initial display output to PCIe in the bios, shutdown computer, plug your monitor into a port on the gpu, and then restart. The computer is now working completely fine.

Here is the terminal command to repair permissions: sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /

Hi, at first i think, that this is a really nice instruction, it seems to be a lot of work to write it down in an understandable text like this. I've tried to install Mac OS X El Capitan on my PC, but i have a failure after the boot screen reaches the middle of the progress bar. After this point, i booted with -v flag and the installation stops at "**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

My System Components:
- MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard
- MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
- Intel i5 6600K
- Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR4 RAM (2400MHz)

After this point, i booted with -v flag and the installation stops at "**** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"

My System Components:
- MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard
- MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
- Intel i5 6600K
- Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR4 RAM (2400MHz)

This is a different board, so it would probably be better for you to post a new question in El Capitan Desktop Support.

That said, MBCT normally means graphics isn't starting. With a GTX 980, make sure you're booting with nv_disable=1.

Hi Ammulder,
some news about audio?. Did you check rear audio outputs on GB h170n wifi?It seems they don't work. Maybe a specific kext file or another solution is needed to solve it ...but I have not the experience to do that.
I will wait for...thank you.

Thanks AmMulder...

I'm actually using your guide, as my board is nearly the same as your H170N-WIFI, so I figured it would be an easy stepping stone to follow. I'm using the GA-H170-D3h DDR3. So far, I managed to get OS X installed. I'm having a problem with the Post Installation.

Step 10.
Run the EFI Mounter v3 app you copied from the USB drive. Select the EFI partition of your USB install drive and hit OK (it is often /dev/disk1s1 but you can use diskutil list in Terminal to confirm). Then hit Mount. Now you should have two EFI drives showing in Finder, one with a hard drive icon and the other with an external drive icon and an eject icon.

I only ever get the one EFI external drive mount with eject icon. The hard drive EFI mount never appears at any point, so I have no where to copy all the files to.

Any advice? It was pretty smooth sailing up until now.

Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back