Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea on how to make the headset mic working ?

I also had reboot issues when asking it to shutdown. Had to set my monitor to DisplayPort 1.1 instead of 1.2.

Hey man!

That fixed my issue!

I have a Dell U2713H and changing "Display Settings/DisplayPort 1.2" to "Disable" has fixed the issue!

Thanks a lot!
Juan

Did you try my script for the haswell nuc ? (it also has a Realtek ALC283 and a combo jack... see post#1 for link ;) )

Careful -- mixing different approaches for enabling audio is pretty likely to just break it. If someone wants to try your script they would likely want to back out all the changes from the cloverALC script first.

Careful -- mixing different approaches for enabling audio is pretty likely to just break it. If someone wants to try your script they would likely want to back out all the changes from the cloverALC script first.

Yes it is working now after the 2nd run (#1 post). Not sure why it did not work earlier. Thank you.

Any one having issue with the network port after waking up from sleep mode ? (boot / restart .. NIC is working fine)

It's just an advice, everything is briefly documented in the first post of the thread (injection by SSDT : layout 1, Clover patches, plist+platforms+layout patch by script). If you want more information you can give look here (my researches on Yosemite, several small differences for El Capitan). It's not an all-in-one script like toleda's, but this one is custom made from scratch for NUC ALC283 (haswell) and may work for you ...

For sure, if you don't want to experiment, this method is not for you ... but it's the main fun of hackintosh : make it work !

Edit :
Yes it is working now after the 2nd run (#1 post). Not sure why it did not work earlier. Thank you.
If your MIC works with toleda's script, good for you ! It was not the case for us ...

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new monitor which I would like to be 4K.

My options are the following but I would like to make sure the NUC and OSX86 work all together:

1. Dell P2715Q 27"
2. Asus PB279Q 27"
3. BenQ BL2711U 27"
4. Samsung LU28E590DS 28"

Thanks!

I've run into a boot issue after installing some software updates in both OSX and Windows 10. I can post specifics if necessary, but essentially I get the white stop sign when booting (using Clover) and booting in verbose mode gives the info in the attached image. Before I do a fresh install, does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting the issue?

~

Attachments

• IMG_1850.JPG
    IMG_1850.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 114
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a new monitor which I would like to be 4K.

My options are the following but I would like to make sure the NUC and OSX86 work all together:

1. Dell P2715Q 27"
2. Asus PB279Q 27"
3. BenQ BL2711U 27"
4. Samsung LU28E590DS 28"

Thanks!

Finally, ordered Asus PB279Q 27" which seems to be the best, slightly more expensive than Dell&Samsung though...

Will tell you if this works.

help nuc 5I3RYH

install no found sorry i m french

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back