Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run into a boot issue after installing some software updates in both OSX and Windows 10. I can post specifics if necessary, but essentially I get the white stop sign when booting (using Clover) and booting in verbose mode gives the info in the attached image. Before I do a fresh install, does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting the issue?

That looks like output from the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from a really old version of Clover.

That looks like output from the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from a really old version of Clover.

I'm not sure what happened there. I did some research and this issue has cropped up for others, but I opted for a clean install rather than trying to troubleshoot.

I also switched from a Samsung Evo m.2 to a 2.5 inch Evo 850 and used your latest guide (which is awesome, btw). So far so good, and I noticed that the cpu is now appearing correctly in as i7 in About This Mac. Audio over HDMI now works for me (previously it didn't) and the headphone audio seems stable. Bluetooth is also fine. I also did a clean install of Windows 10 on my M.2 EVO, and it boots fine through Clover.

black screen only

i dont know

my dmg is 10.11.1 official

j am I configure the bios boot key ok
I choose the instalation of USB partition and nothing is happening only in safe white Pointier
(The screen remains black)

You should not be using safe mode. Try "Boot Mac OS X in verbose mode".

If it doesn't make it past the row of ++++++++ then try replacing VBoxHfs.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI with HFSPlus.efi and see if that helps.

is good tank s

tank s

possible found sensor
temperature istat ?

Thank you ammulder and all the Hackintosh scene developers

I built the NUC5i5RYH. All worked since first boot by following your instructions. It is my first Hackintosh. Update to 10.11.1 without issues afterwards. Built-in Bluetooth working. Old DVI monitor connected by means of DVI to HDMI cable, then HDMI to Mini DisplayPort (those cables I already had, tested the setup and it worked). Still using wired LAN as I could not make a USB WiFi adapter work (not chosen for the task but one I had laying around). Tested HDMI too with my TV, image and sound working. Front plug analog sound also working.
This is to replace my 2006 PowerPC Mac Mini, which had user replaceable hard disk and memory. I was going to buy a current model Mac Mini but there are no user replaceable options now. I considered building a desktop Hackintosh as it seems to be easier to get true-and-tried setups, but then I found your guide (I hate power supply noise). For the price of the current basic Mac Mini I got this one with 8 Gb RAM and 240 Gb SATA SSD (could not get M.2 fast and easy enough in my town; dream setup was a 120 Gb M.2 and 1 Tb SATA 2.5" hard disk, but I am very happy with what I got).

THANK YOU

I'm getting problems with a USB 3.0 WD Elements 6TB drive only connecting at 480Mb/s instead of the full 5.0Gb/s when I reboot. If I power off my 5i3RYH (0348 BIOS) and then on again it always appears to connect at 5.0Gb/s.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back