Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @cnrd, just updated. Also, everything in the revised guide seems to work well. I just updated my machine with all the new stuff in the guide and everything seems fine (including iMessage, which always scares the bejeezus out of me). Running on clover 3650.

Also quick note, the newest version of Clover Configurator no longer strips out the UseARTFrequency key, so we don't have to worry about that anymore when editing the config.plist using that tool.

That sounds great!

Yeah I know that Clover Configurator has been updated, but I'll keep the warning if someone has an old version :)

I just had a new problem today, not sure if I have changed anything but my audio no longer works after sleep.
I even tried installing CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions, but that did not change anything. Do you have working audio after sleep with the guide?

If you have I'll probably just reinstall as I may have borked it somehow...

EDIT: Seems like lots of people have this problem on 10.11.6 when looking in the Audio subforum, I'll update when a solution have been found.

EDIT2: SOLVED: I forgot that I had changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=10, changing it back fixes the problem.

I have worked SS05 and HS05 port.

Thanks for confirming :)

Last edited:
Do you have working audio after sleep with the guide?

I haven't had the audio sleep problem anytime recently. I did run into a problem today coming out of sleep, the machine totally rebooted. Not sure if that might be related to your issue since they both seem sleep related. Anyways, that scared me enough to go back to iMac17,1 definition for now since that was pretty rock solid. I'm still using the rest of the new stuff, I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

i am new to using clover and i am trying to set up this same system... this may be a stupid question, but how do i Run USB-SSDT.py to set up usb...?

i am new to using clover and i am trying to set up this same system... this may be a stupid question, but how do i Run USB-SSDT.py to set up usb...?

Open a terminal window and change into the folder you have those files extracted to. Then you should just be able to type "./USB-SSDT.py" to run the script. If it's not executable for some reason, you can change it with "chmod a+x USB-SSDT.py".

Open a terminal window and change into the folder you have those files extracted to. Then you should just be able to type "./USB-SSDT.py" to run the script. If it's not executable for some reason, you can change it with "chmod a+x USB-SSDT.py".
not working.... this is the error im getting

Bryans-Mac-Pro:USB-SSDT bryansi$ chmod a+x USB-SSDT.py
Bryans-Mac-Pro:USB-SSDT bryansi$ ./USB-SSDT.py
python: can't open file './USB-SSDT.py': [Errno 13] Permission denied

not working.... this is the error im getting

Bryans-Mac-Pro:USB-SSDT bryansi$ chmod a+x USB-SSDT.py
Bryans-Mac-Pro:USB-SSDT bryansi$ ./USB-SSDT.py
python: can't open file './USB-SSDT.py': [Errno 13] Permission denied
Try deleting the folder unzip it (or download again) and use this command inside the folder:

Code:
python USB-SSDT.py

Try deleting the folder unzip it (or download again) and use this command inside the folder:

Code:
python USB-SSDT.py

got it... thanks! question. can all ports be enabled? or do i not want to do that?

got it... thanks! question. can all ports be enabled? or do i not want to do that?

15 ports or less (both HS and SS count) it's a limit imposed by El Capitan. The script will warn you if you try to enable more than 15.

15 ports or less (both HS and SS count) it's a limit imposed by El Capitan. The script will warn you if you try to enable more than 15.
thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back