Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small note, you shouldn't use the uia_exclude flag with my USB script :)

Have anyone tested the USB script? Would be nice to know if it works for anyone other than me :)

cnrd says to not use the uia_exclude flag with the USB script though...hmmm. cnrd, I tested the script today and everything worked perfectly except for one port, as I said above. I checked back at my answers in the script and I definitely said Yes to enabling them (the ports that I wanted enabled that are not currently working: HS05/SS05), so I'm not sure what further steps to take.

Last edited:
cnrd says to not use the uia_exclude flag with the USB script though...hmmm. cnrd, I tested the script today and everything worked perfectly except for one port, as I said above. I checked back at my answers in the script and I definitely said Yes to enabling them (the ports that I wanted enabled that are not currently working: HS05/SS05), so I'm not sure what further steps to take.

Hmm I have HS05/SS05 working by using the script.

You are right uia_exclude flag is not doing anything for my method.

The script will warn you if you try to enable more than 15 ports.

Could you please attach the 2 SSDTs and your config.plist?

Also which ports do you want enabled?

Hmm I have HS05/SS05 working by using the script.

You are right uia_exclude flag is not doing anything for my method.

The script will warn you if you try to enable more than 15 ports.

Could you please attach the 2 SSDTs and your config.plist?

Also which ports do you want enabled?

I copied my answers to the script and attached the SSDTs and my config.plist:

Do you want to enable: HS01? [Y/n] Y
You enabled: HS01, are you using it as an externally connected port (For example front USB)? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS02? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS03? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS04? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS05? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS06? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS07? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS08? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS09? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS11? [Y/n] Y
You enabled: HS11, are you using it as an externally connected port (For example front USB)? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS12? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS13? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS14? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS01? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS02? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS03? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: SS04? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: SS05? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS06? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS09? [Y/n] Y

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• SSDT-5.aml
    10.9 KB · Views: 120
  • USB-SSDT.aml
    113 bytes · Views: 122
  • config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 224
I think all install and postinstall actions must be performed with MacPro6,1 definition in SMBIOS

I'm not completely sure, but I think it should work with any smbios.

I copied my answers to the script and attached the SSDTs and my config.plist:

Do you want to enable: HS01? [Y/n] Y
You enabled: HS01, are you using it as an externally connected port (For example front USB)? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS02? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS03? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS04? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS05? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS06? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS07? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS08? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: HS09? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS11? [Y/n] Y
You enabled: HS11, are you using it as an externally connected port (For example front USB)? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS12? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS13? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: HS14? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS01? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS02? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS03? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: SS04? [Y/n] N
Do you want to enable: SS05? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS06? [Y/n] Y
Do you want to enable: SS09? [Y/n] Y

Thank you so much!

I just took a look at your files, it /should/ work.

Your config.plist indicate that you used multibeast, am I right in that assumption?

Which version of the BIOS are you using?

Have you tried the USBInjectall.kext? If yes did HS05/SS05 work with that?

You are not using any other methods while also using mine? (Multibeast may have added some files).

Please attach the following:

IOJones report: https://sourceforge.net/projects/iojones/ (File -> Save As)

All your original tables: Press F4 while in Clover, there will be no indications, but it should create a folder in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

I have attached a config.plist + XOSI-WIN10.aml, try the config.plist first if that does not work try adding the XOSI-WIN10.aml to ACPI/patched

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 223
  • XOSI-WIN10.aml
    190 bytes · Views: 117
@cnrd I am using your new USB script and it is working for me (haven't tried all ports, but the one's I need are working fine).

Are there any issues with running as a MacPro versus the iMac definition? - I thought we were using iMac because of the skylake similarity, so I wasn't sure if we lose anything by going to MacPro (which doesn't have any skylake based products yet).

What is the purpose of the XOSI-WIN10.aml file? I don't think I'm using that one yet. Do we need to include everything in your /ACPI/patched or are those only for certain configurations?

Thanks again for the great guide.

@cnrd I am using your new USB script and it is working for me (haven't tried all ports, but the one's I need are working fine).

Are there any issues with running as a MacPro versus the iMac definition? - I thought we were using iMac because of the skylake similarity, so I wasn't sure if we lose anything by going to MacPro (which doesn't have any skylake based products yet).

What is the purpose of the XOSI-WIN10.aml file? I don't think I'm using that one yet. Do we need to include everything in your /ACPI/patched or are those only for certain configurations?

Thanks again for the great guide.

Good to hear that the script is working for some :)

You are right, that is the reason for iMac SMBIOS, however I haven't experienced any performance differences. The reason I changed it to MacPro was to avoid having to modify the AGDP.kext when using nvidia GPUs. I'm on mobile right now, but there is an SSDT in the Clover Files zip that is a modified (replacement) for toleda's GPU HDMI audio, which fixes both the hdmi audio and AGDP.kext related problems. (Meaning no more black screens after updates and unchangable backgrounds when using multiple monitors, both of which I've had to deal with).

SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml goes with the AppleALC.kext + CodecCommander.kext combo which allows audio after sleep and working front/back switching after sleep. Both of these kext files can be placed in the Clover folder allowing fully working audio on first bootup (and after updates).

I'm not 100% sure about what exactly OSI (XOSI) does, but it is related to which path some of the code in the DSDT takes. As Darwin (OS X) is not detected by the DSDT, some DSDTs may configure as if the OS running is a really old version of Windows.
Again I'm not sure if it makes any difference on our board (I haven't seen any difference on my system), but as the BIOS is configured as Win8/10 I just want all the code in the DSDT to do the same.

With the files from the guide I'm able to reinstall OS X, install Clover, copy the files to the clover folder, install the nvidia drivers and reboot once to a fully working system. As all kext files are in the clover partition and non of the kexts on OS X are modified I'm also able to run my system with SIP fully enabled. (Which may come handy if apple ever decides not to allow disabling SIP).

Im sorry if any of this is a bit incoherent, I'm off to bed and editing on mobile is hard :) Just ask if there is anything that is unclear and I'll try to give a better answer tomorrow.

Also: Do you happen to use the SS05 and HS05 port? (I suspect that most people will as it is one of the motherboard I/O ports).

Also: Do you happen to use the SS05 and HS05 port? (I suspect that most people will as it is one of the motherboard I/O ports).

I can confirm my SS05 port is working.

I'm updating my machine based on the latest guide updates. Does anyone have the newest native AppleHDA.kext they can put up somewhere? I'm trying the new audio kext patches, but apparently I've broken audio somehow by putting in an AppleHDA.kext from 10.11.5.

Update: Nevermind, the problem was SIP was preventing the kext from being installed. Turned off SIP, copied kext, turned back on, all is well.

Last edited:
I forgot this in the config.plist (which I'm updating now):

Code:
<key>Patches</key>
<array>
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>X09TSQ==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>WE9TSQ==</data>
    </dict>
</array>

If anyone is using the new config.plist, please add the above to the DSDT section like this:
Code:
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>X09TSQ==</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>WE9TSQ==</data>
                </dict>
            </array>

Last edited:
Thanks @cnrd, just updated. Also, everything in the revised guide seems to work well. I just updated my machine with all the new stuff in the guide and everything seems fine (including iMessage, which always scares the bejeezus out of me). Running on clover 3650.

Also quick note, the newest version of Clover Configurator no longer strips out the UseARTFrequency key, so we don't have to worry about that anymore when editing the config.plist using that tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back