Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the graphics card buyers guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/july/2016#Graphics_Cards

Any of those should work well, the more recent ones need the nvdia web drivers, while the earlier models will work out of the box for the most part.

thanks!

also, if anyone knows... i would like to have 2 monitors set up on this machine, can i do that with the onboard graphics or do i need a video card to do that? (i tried to plug in 2 monitors to the onboard and it works until the system fully boots, then the screen gets all messed up, so im assuming it wont work, but figured id ask)

I can't get my El capitan to install. I have tried for 4 days and have tried tons of different guides and troubleshooting.

I have the same board as you, gtx 970 and skylake 4.0 ghz chip.

I have done two previous hackintoshes. One with mavericks and one with yosemite (different hardware) and only took me an hour or two to figure out problems. Here's where I am with verbose booting

Attachments

• 20160820_150219.jpg
    20160820_150219.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 108
I can't get my El capitan to install. I have tried for 4 days and have tried tons of different guides and troubleshooting.

I have the same board as you, gtx 970 and skylake 4.0 ghz chip.

I have done two previous hackintoshes. One with mavericks and one with yosemite (different hardware) and only took me an hour or two to figure out problems. Here's where I am with verbose booting

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I admit I was a little confused by a couple things.- First, in step 12
"12. Copy files from USB-SSDT folder to these places
ACPI/patched/SSDT-5.aml
ACPI/patched/USB-SSDT.aml"

It did not appear these files were in that zip file(?)

And also, "
My Configuration
Not sure what to do with this? I know how to put together hardware like a beast but, little secret, I am not a real hacker (ssshhhh) Am I "flashing" the BIOS? I saw another guide somewhere that didn't have that as a step but they said something like Version 17,1 wont work, try 3,1 (or something like that), no idea what to do there?
I had a good mind to put this skylake processor on ebay and buy a Haswell for the system but it's not mine, I am building for my sister. :eek:

You missed step 10

Yes updates bios before install attempt

Anyone have advice for the USB configuration? I copied the created usb.aml file to acpi/patched but it doesn't seem to do do anything - I get the same ports working as previously (enough, but not many, had to put in my pice card that works natively)

Any advice would be greatly apprciated! My z68 board was rock solid for years (!) but died while I returned from vacation :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back