Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you installed the Nvidia drivers? And did you do the AGPM fix?

Hello, I followed the post completely and served me but every time you start the computer restarts several times. Something about it?
i7 6700k
32gb 2400mhz
ga-z170x-ud3 f6
ssd kingston suv-400 480gb

I just created a script that will enable native USB support without injection.

Download

It should be pretty self-explanatory, unpack the ZIP and run from terminal.

You can just run the script, should tell you what to do, but yes one of the steps is to remove the old injector (USBInjectAll.kext and the injected SSDT).

The script generate two SSDTs that you are asked to put in the Clover folder.

You can just run it, it won't modify anything outside the folder it is running inside.

Hi cnrd, I get errors when i run the script...
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/Pierre/Desktop/USB-SSDT/USB-SSDT.py", line 172, in <module>
    call(["./iasl61", "USB-SSDT.dsl"], stdout=f)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 522, in call
    return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1335, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Maybe I've done something wrong? :confused:

Hmm, after the program crash, do you have a file called: "USB-SSDT.dsl" in the folder?

Also do you have a file called iasl61 in the folder? And if you do what happens if you write this in the terminal: "./iasl61"? (Without the "").

EDIT:

I just updated the script, I made a small mistake, where the paths to files was dependent on how the script was executed.

Please download the script again :)

Last edited:
OK, it seems to work for me, but is there any benefit over the USBInjectAll method ?

The only difference that I know of is that it is closer to vanilla (removing a kext), which may or may not be a benefit in the future.

I just like being as close to vanilla as possible. I'm down to 2 injected kexts and no modifications except nvidia drivers (signed) to the OS X partition.

This allows me to run with SIP fully enabled. (Which is still possible with usbinjectall, as it can be injected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back