Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] El Capitan on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That file wasn't for you.

Why would you ever update the BIOS from Windows?

Double post.

Hi cnrd, do you have the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" error with external USB drives after EL Capitan goes to sleep and wakes up again?
I haven't found any satisfactory solution... I use SafeSleepUSB as a temporary workaround.

Yep I have the same problem. Most people seems to have that problem on hacks.

I /think/ that it was fixed on some z77 boards using a patched DSDT, but I'm not at all sure about how to fix it on this board.

I also use a workaround that unmounts disks before sleep (I have my Clover on a permanently attached USB drive instead of in the EFI partition, which means I always have a USB device attached).

Yep I have the same problem. Most people seems to have that problem on hacks.

I /think/ that it was fixed on some z77 boards using a patched DSDT, but I'm not at all sure about how to fix it on this board.

I also use a workaround that unmounts disks before sleep (I have my Clover on a permanently attached USB drive instead of in the EFI partition, which means I always have a USB device attached).

On real Mac too, look here, there and there too...
In my case, I never had this problem on my three previous hacks.

Greetings, I have a problem over here on my z170x ud3 with an i3 6300. I am using the hd 530 graphics, which work with Tony's fix. I also have ethernet and usb's working as well. With your config.plist I cannot get kext injection with clover unless I hit space and select boot with injected kexts. In your config, kext injection is true. If I try a fresh config (from reinstalling clover), I get kext injection but waiting for root device issue. System Integrity Protection/rootless seems to be running no matter what I boot with in the flags. As a result I cannot get the audio to work, as it edits AppleHDA. Any suggestions here?
[Edit]: I have fixed this issue by generating a new config plus the with the patches in your plist. Will post on audio later today.
[Edit2]: Audio is working, however, is it possible to get coax output to work through the spdif out header? As of now, the optical is the only one that works.

Last edited:
With your config.plist I cannot get kext injection with clover unless I hit space and select boot with injected kexts. In your config, kext injection is true. If I try a fresh config (from reinstalling clover), I get kext injection but waiting for root device issue.

Hmm are you using the same version of clover for both? I haven't seen that problem myself.

[Edit2]: Audio is working, however, is it possible to get coax output to work through the spdif out header? As of now, the optical is the only one that works.

Not sure if that is possible, try asking in the audio subforum, as I'm just using toleda's patches for audio.

Hmm are you using the same version of clover for both? I haven't seen that problem myself.

Not sure if that is possible, try asking in the audio subforum, as I'm just using toleda's patches for audio.

Thanks for getting back, it appears that the issue only came up on the newest version of clover (3577). Issues seem to be sorted out now. Still trying to get spdif header working. Thanks for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make green port work at all.
It now works for me with CodecCommander 2.4.0 in S/L/E (and nowhere else)... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back