Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual boot Windows and Yosemite with Clover EFI Boot Loader on a Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which changes/additions in particular are you referring to?

Have you read anything regarding 10.11?

Things I know of, off the top of my head:
- new AppleHDA patch required
- different patch for handoff/hotspot
- completely new USB stack (requires a number of fixes to be implemented, machine dependent)
- updates required for backlight control
- need to disable SIP to install unsigned kexts
- new IOKit patch needed for UHD/QHD+ internal displays
- new boot glitch patch

My sleep mode doesn't work and I don't know where to start.
Is there a good tutorial or any advise which information I need to look out for?

My sleep mode doesn't work and I don't know where to start.
Is there a good tutorial or any advise which information I need to look out for?

Depends on what the specific issue is with sleep.

To start, sleep requires:
- properly working graphics QE/CI
- native CPU PM
- correct ACPI patches

I've just installed a second drive (m.2 ssd) and win 10 onto it, leaving untouched the original hdd. After that, OSX won't boot up anymore. As I attempt to boot, either in verbose or single user safe mode, it just restarts when i tap enter. Strange thing, for a few times after win10 installation it booted normally but today it behaves like that no matter what i do. Any clues?

I've just installed a second drive (m.2 ssd) and win 10 onto it, leaving untouched the original hdd. After that, OSX won't boot up anymore. As I attempt to boot, either in verbose or single user safe mode, it just restarts when i tap enter. Strange thing, for a few times after win10 installation it booted normally but today it behaves like that no matter what i do. Any clues?

Check your Clover setup on the EFI partition that you're booting from.

Check your Clover setup on the EFI partition that you're booting from.

It's the same indicated in the guide, and the one i've been always using, din't change anything recently.
Now it appears to boot just randomly, sometimes it boots, sometimes it apparently gets stuck in the boot (boottime >30 min , processbar stuck), sometimes it restarts, without any changes to Clover setup or any other thing.

Recently i try to reinstall back and do everything just the same. After i rename clover64.efi to bootmgfw.efi and restart, i can see the clover screen but cannot boot into windows. Help needed.

IMAG2280.jpg

There is an option to boot windows from clover too but still not working. It only leads me to a blue and white logo.

Recently i try to reinstall back and do everything just the same. After i rename clover64.efi to bootmgfw.efi and restart, i can see the clover screen but cannot boot into windows. Help needed.

When you do that, it requires a custom entry (to boot Windows via bootmgfw-orig.efi).

Putting CLOVERX64.efi over bootmgfw.efi is not really the correct solution.

You should read post #2 of my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

When you do that, it requires a custom entry (to boot Windows via bootmgfw-orig.efi).

Putting CLOVERX64.efi over bootmgfw.efi is not really the correct solution.

You should read post #2 of my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

How? Reinstall Windows? I'm confused.
By the way, there is an option to boot windows efi if i choose to boot clover from the usb(which i used to install yosemite) but when i click it return to the clover of the efi partition.

How can i manually add the entry. Thanks for helping.IMAG2279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back