Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dual boot Windows and Yosemite with Clover EFI Boot Loader on a Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as expected. Did you patch DSDT correctly?
I guess i did, everything else like PM and brightness works, i just applied the patches IRQ fix and Audio layout-Id 3 from your repo.
How can i spot errors in patching, if any?

No idea what that means.
I mean, if i record some music or my voice at a volume a little bit higher that a normal conversation in a complete silent room, the result is very confused, with a lot of gray noise, like someone blowing in the mic, and the voice becomes hard to recognise.

You may need to do a custom AppleHDA patch specifically for your codec.
Is there a way to just cut power to the speakers when the jack is plugged in, maybe via DSDT patch?
If not, how do i do a custom patch?

Is there any other here with a V-nitro who has similar problems? How did you fix the audio?

I guess i did, everything else like PM and brightness works, i just applied the patches IRQ fix and Audio layout-Id 3 from your repo.
How can i spot errors in patching, if any?

I was mostly wondering about "IRQ Fix"...

Did you try with a fresh install? Maybe with all the fiddling with audio you neglected to restore something to vanilla?

I mean, if i record some music or my voice at a volume a little bit higher that a normal conversation in a complete silent room, the result is very confused, with a lot of gray noise, like someone blowing in the mic, and the voice becomes hard to recognise.

I assume this is with the internal mic. I haven't really used the internal mic ... it doesn't interest me much.

Is there a way to just cut power to the speakers when the jack is plugged in, maybe via DSDT patch?
If not, how do i do a custom patch?

There is a link in the FAQ for custom HDA patching.

Did you try with a fresh install? Maybe with all the fiddling with audio you neglected to restore something to vanilla?

Not yet, I'll try. Something like what?

Did you try with a fresh install?
What if i go with a fresh install of 10.11 and then redo all the work?
There will be something used in this guide that you know won't work, like kext, dsdt patches ecc?

What if i go with a fresh install of 10.11 and then redo all the work?
There will be something used in this guide that you know won't work, like kext, dsdt patches ecc?

There are changes/additions required for 10.11, so as long as you're aware of them and know how to implement them...

There are changes/additions required for 10.11, so as long as you're aware of them and know how to implement them...
Which changes/additions in particular are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back