Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
iOS
USB3 is working both on Dell D6000 and cheap usb-c adapter. None of these adapters are thunderbolt compatible and I have no TB devices to test.

USB-C/USB3/HDMI 4K 60Hz cold pluging and hot pluging both works now after clearing NVRAM an insane amount times and updating Aptiomemoryfix driver.

My laptop is the same "first batch" xps with 1080p screen and no fingerprint like Blazinsmokey. Could be nice if anyone with 4K screen and TB3 dock like you could also report here to compare.

Did you tried removing SSDT-TB3-9560.aml and test if USB 3 is working without it?
I had this conflict before when no usb3 ports were working when old SSDT-TB3.aml was present.
I haven't had any issues since the latest 3.2 changes.
I don’t have any usbc 3.0 devices to test, I only have a usb c 2.0 hub, but the problem isn’t with usb imho because iirc usb on my tb3 dock is on a pci-e controller

Hello, I also have my precision 5520 with osx 10.14.4, but dell d59gg can't work properly, how do you solve it? (I downloaded and installed RTUNICv1.0.17, but still can't)
I've solved it. HERE IS THE SOLUTION:

The following applies to your installation system before replacing the network card, for example, you have used other external USB network card Nullethernet mode, if you have adopted this mode, Nullernet's virtual internal network card will occupy your en0 position. We first need to delete the NullEthernet driver, then delete the system network related information, and replace the built-in network card we have as en0. If you are replacing the network card and then installing the system, you do not need to do the following, your built-in network card will be automatically recognized by the system as en0. (In other words, facetime can be used normally. The key to the app store function is whether you have a built-in network card that is recognized by the computer as en0, whether it is real or virtual)

Author: Yao_Fairytale
Link: https://www.jianshu.com/p/e490108cd6e6
Source: JianShu
The copyright of the words is owned by the author. Any form of reprint should be contacted by the author for authorization and the source.

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for your clover. I can finish to install the mac system. But it is always reboot when i get in the system. I need to change platform-id to 0x12345678 in config.the video memory become to 31m.
It is very strange.i am confused. Thank you for your help.

My specification:
  • Dell XPS 9560
  • i7-7700HQ
  • Intel HD 630
  • PM961 Samsung NVME 512
  • Dell DW1830

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050
I have been struggling pretty hard with some battery life issues on my 9560. coconutBattery reports 10~12ish watts on idle. Ive employed most the tricks I can find such as removing the CPUFriend/DataProvider kexts, enabling Intel PowerShift via EFI shell, disabling SD Card reader, yet I still seem to be burning flat within 2-2 1/2 hours. This is on the 57Wh battery not the 97.
Hi All!

Thanks for the incredible work. Unfortunately experiencing the same power issues. Using 20Watts idle using the latest clover config (3.2) non Kaby-Lake on i5-5300HQ, peaking at 40Watts whilst browsing the web? Kind of makes me think the dGPU isn't disabled. Is there anything I should be doing to optimise power usage?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi All!

Thanks for the incredible work. Unfortunately experiencing the same power issues. Using 20Watts idle using the latest clover config (3.2) non Kaby-Lake on i5-5300HQ, peaking at 40Watts whilst browsing the web? Kind of makes me think the dGPU isn't disabled. Is there anything I should be doing to optimise power usage?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi All!

dGPU is definitely disabled, edited the guide to link to the post for possible correction on i5, take a look and please respond with results.

Thank you for your clover. I can finish to install the mac system. But it is always reboot when i get in the system. I need to change platform-id to 0x12345678 in config.the video memory become to 31m.
Which uploaded clover folder version are you using? Attaching debug files will be necessary as this issue has not come up for anyone. Make sure you using latest clover boot loader as well.

@mazakiss @auguzanellato sorry guys been overwhelmed with "life", I will be back testing hopefully next week sometime. I have read and followed along on my email updates and I'm glad you guys are still at it. I'm hoping I can confirm the changes you guys have tried and release a new config for the latest Mojave update 10.14.5. Will re-evaluate USB-C and TB3. Maybe I can come up with something. Again, sorry for not being able to help recently.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050
dGPU is definitely disabled, edited the guide to link to the post for possible correction on i5, take a look and please respond with results.
Thanks! I've been using that - however doesn't seem to have made a difference :(

Appreciate it though. I will continue using it as such until I find out what could be affecting it...

Motherboard
Dell 9560
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Which uploaded clover folder version are you using? Attaching debug files will be necessary as this issue has not come up for anyone. Make sure you using latest clover boot loader as well.

I have tried to use both clover3.1 and v3.2. Now I can get in the macOS after several times roboot. But it is always reboot when I used arcsoft photo+ to read photos. after reboot, I can find the power events from bios "power off-asf2 force off". and also temp of PCH is very high. here is my
preboot.log and the photo of bios. I am so confused. thank you for you help!IMG_1132.JPGIMG_1130.JPG

then I change platform-id to 0x12345678 in config. I can get in the Mac system. then I used arcsoft photo+ again. it is not work well and the fan was in high speed.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 - YH90J
CPU
I7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Hi, guys. Got my System to Work very well.
No Touchpad issues. Every gesture is working.
Power Stat in Intel Power gadget says in idle: PKG 1.9, CPU 0.5, DRAM 0.68
No fans are spinning in idle.
Intel Graphic is working with 2 Gb.

USB-C is working most of the time. I can hot plug one monitor or SSD, even my iphone.
Audioport is working. (Using Combojack)

My system:
Dell xps 9560
with the bigger battery
500 Gb SSD
1080p Display

Need to try the new Typ-C, and Thunderbolt SSDT Patch :D but this is my clover folder right now. I edited a few things and changed a bit. (got a other clover config and combined them)
If you want to try it out. Give it a shot. Its working with Mac os 10.14.4.
If someone can test it with 10.14.5, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @LeLunZ how are you?

Ok, so you basically adapted that install from https://github.com/jardenliu/XPS15-9560-Mojave/tree/master/CLOVER, right?

Can you report what are the result compare to method from @blazinsmokey ?

- Are USB-c/USB devices ALWAYS mounts when hotpluging? As PCI devices in System Report?
- What kind of adapter/dock do you use?
- Does HDMI 4K @60Hz works?
- Same for TB3 if you have device to test.
- Is . everything (screens, USB devices, iPhone) work when all is plugged in simultaneously?
- Any noticeably fan behaviour differences since? Same with our without power supply plugged in?
- Can you see your fans RPM with HWMonitorSMC2 ? (I don't think it's possible yet, but heard some sensors have been implemented for desktop mobos recently). I ask because of your FAN-SSDT in ACPI folder.
- No more iTunes black screen when playing movies?
- iMessage, Handoff?

Can you please detail a little bit more what modification you did so everyone can benefit and learn and moreover to add up to OP hard work?

Note: I have the same laptop model as you minus fingerprint reader and big battery and everything works stable. Couldn't test TB (no devices).

Cheers.

Last edited: