CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok... I think "I" get this right now. I'm such a noob that I will try to explain it with my own words. Even if I have a very thin knowledge, I still get some intuition hopefully. (search the virtualSMC thread mentioned in my last post for more detailed explanation).

@jardenliu has perfect battery because of the patch "Device AC rename to ADP1 pair with SSDT-ADP1" credit @syscl with SSDT-ADP1.aml (adapter) and SSDT-BATC.aml (battery) in order to have AppleACPIAdapter showing in IOReg. Power adapter & Battery work hand in hand, you have to have them both here.

So I only added Jardenliu's device patch to original @blazinsmokey config.plist and now the battery seems to behave correctly, no more weird sudden discharge to 5%.

See pic below:

What we want is this:

Let's quote @RehabMan

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#system_ADP1.txt

# Note: if AppleACPIACAdapter is already loading (look at your ioreg), then
# this patch is not necessary for you.

# Note: Old patch used to rename AC or ACAD to ADP1 to be more "Apple" like
# Turns out, this is not needed.

# Replace all instances of AC with ADP1
#into_all all code_regex \.AC, replaceall_matched begin .ADP1, end;
#into_all all code_regex \(AC, replaceall_matched begin (ADP1, end;
#into all label AC set_label begin ADP1 end;

# Replace all instances of ACAD with ADP1
#into_all all code_regex \.ACAD, replaceall_matched begin .ADP1, end;
#into_all all code_regex \(ACAD, replaceall_matched begin (ADP1, end;
#into all label ACAD set_label begin ADP1 end;

# Power fix - cause AppleACPIACAdapter to be loaded
into device name_hid ACPI0003 code_regex Name\s+\(_PRW,[\s\S]*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_hid ACPI0003 insert
begin
Name (_PRW, Package() { 0x18, 0x03 })
end;

Here you'll find my current CLOVER folder with corrections (don't forget to generate your own serials here + F11 at clover boot after changes).
I put back original CPUDataprovider.kext to have sleep wake from lid back.

Enjoy your +7 hours of battery!

Thanks and credits to @syscl @RehabMan @blazinsmokey @KNNSpeed and @jardenliu and many I forgot.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Toshiba KIRA 102
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400, 2560x1440
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
However, after a sleep/wake cycle there seems to be an issue. The frequency does not go below 1GHz (not even near) and the temp raises to more than 50°C... Shame...

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
However, after a sleep/wake cycle there seems to be an issue. The frequency does not go below 1GHz (not even near) and the temp raises to more than 50°C... Shame...
Hmmm... that’s strange, I still got 800Hz at idle.

It also depends of what software/task/daemon is running in the background. For instance I had an issue with CleanMyMac that runned once in a while and was consuming lot of battery and CPU.

I will test if after sleep I have the same issue as you when I get home. Thanks for reporting.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hey @mazakiss,

Thanks for the great work!

EDIT: One thing. It seems I can't place my lappy into sleep mode. Whilst USB devices are turned off, the power light seems to stay lit. Any idea why this would be?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Edd1024 So far I still get 800MHz at idle after boot and testing multiple wake after sleep... Nothing to worry about for me.

I hit 39°C at Boot - no fans.

1st wake after sleep still no fans, so CPU is heating more to 44°

2st, still heating to 46°, still no fans - pretty logically here and still 800MHz at idle.

Then after few minutes fans begin spinning when temps are close to 50°C then naturally drops to 44°C.

Honestly, that's exactly what I expected.

Don't forget we have Turbo Boost enabled and Speed Shift, which is reflected in Power Gadget hence the variation you see in the graph, that's perfectly normal.

What I'm more than interested now is to finally have more user's input about TB3 for those who have device to report here.

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey @mazakiss,

Thanks for the great work!

EDIT: One thing. It seems I can't place my lappy into sleep mode. Whilst USB devices are turned off, the power light seems to stay lit. Any idea why this would be?
Please see post#316 for you CPU. Or try to generate your own CpuDataProvider.kext.

Tell us how it goes.

Cheers.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus VII Hero
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 970
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@mazakiss Great work! I am smiling, lol. I took a look at your setup and I have some insight on some stuff.

The SSDT-FANS.aml is from KNNSpeed's work and there will be no way it will work with VirtualSMC. Which is why I never included it. Its methods and layout is meant to specifically work with FakeSMC and HWMonitor.

We may be able to adapt it but we would need to get the devs working on SuperIO to help support it our device ID which I don't know yet. Even then, we would likely only be able to read the temps, not even the rpms. So pretty useless. Here's an excerpt from the dsl:
Code:
//Let's just get Celsius temps since RPMs are evidently inaccesible
// This would get us the fan speed if Dell didnt have some proprietary monitor... But they do, so this fails.
//                  Return(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.ECRD (RefOf (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.CFSP)))
So I'm sorry to say but I don't think we'll ever have fan control.

I'd highly recommend not using SuperIO. I went through the whole VirtualSMC thread dev thread before and I remember reading that incompatible plugins can cause issues. While I don't think the SSDT-FANS.aml would cause any issues, they also don't do anything so for a cleaner setup I'd also remove that too. As in my guide, you know why I don't use SMCProcessor.kext either. Intel Power Gadget does the same thing without a kext and won't cause issues. With SMCProcessor you need the kext and "monitoring software" as well. Seems redundant. You could also probably find countless issues using sensors from FakeSMC and people having issues during updating. Just my two cents tho.

I noticed you're using AptioInputFix.efi, my understanding that was used for FileVault2, are you currently testing that? Last I researched, it was still not a very concrete solution with bugs and I'm not willing to lose my data and rip my hair out.

I'm glad we can remove AppleBacklightFix now. Will be testing that along with the new battery setup you made!

I've heard of VoltageShift but never needed it as I don't have high temps. I will link it in optional section later but I wouldn't include this for everyone.
After reboot, ensure the kext and the command tool files are in the same directory.
I read this at the GitHub repo, so you have to run this from your EFI? What settings are you using and has it made that much of a difference for you? I may have to get in on this.

Thanks for everything! Hopefully I can release a update soon.