Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

UPDATE:

I login with ig-platform-id 0x0a2e0008. rebuilt caches updated the ig-platform-id back to 0x0a260006.
It booted up fine>

I very BIG THANK YOU to The DarkVoid and RehabMan for the help you both have given me in making this 9530 into Hackintosh!

Thanks for the clarification. I also was able to

1. boot and login with 0x0a2e0008
2. remove the cache file
3. use kext utility to rebuild the cache
4. set the platform id to 0x0a260006 and reboot

Now HDMI also works perfectly.

Thanks Rehabman, DarkVoid and spud for posting what worked for him

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

try this

If i remember correct before executing : afuwinx64 bios_patched.bin /GAN. You have to be in that directory

Thanks, Afuwinx64 has changed version on the AMI portal - I had this working previously - but as I have now updated to bios a07 i need to carryout the change again. but I have since lost the original versions of the files.

This new version has definitely removed the /GAN option. I recieve the following message

Unknown command or option : /GAN
1 - Error: Unknown command

Can you please upload the older version for me to make the changes to my BIOS.

Thanks
Bun

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Darkvoid I was able to get mine working finally I had to redo the F4 at clover and then repatch the DSDT and everything sound and brghtness control as well. You dont know how much I appreciate this :headbang:

@spud, wojtoo I have the same thing happens to me as well but no issues with wake though.

Next step for me Dual or Triple boot Win8 and or linux.

Thanks again so much guys

well, next step is raid 0 ;) http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/146924-testing-apple-raid-clover-2.html#post981004

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

My laptop is running on RAID 0.I have left instructions in the thread you linked

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Thanks again for your help and your persistence with me. Soon as I formatted the HD everything fell into place.

I have a few more questions.. sorry :)

1 How are you getting iMessage?

2 Bluetooth can't find any devices and vice versa (Broadcom BCM94352Z)

View attachment 125435

Also i use Clover Configurator to generate SMBOIS, when its generated i lose Sorted Order in the config.plist

DarkVoid how did you set up handoff? I can't connect to Bluetooth.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

spot on, this version works for me. Thank you

however my MD5's are different from yours.

MD5 of A07 unchanged section
c6b3e07776058d1da31cdaa2655fe18c

MD5 of changed section
7aee15fd819fcd68266bef0b2fe9116f

Now that my BCM94352Z has arrived I can follow the remaining steps in your guide.

Is there anything I need to watch out for on a M3800 with i7-4702?

Thanks again.

Bun.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I guess your MD5 would not be identical because you have a M3800 and mine is a XPS 9530.
There is probably some references to it in the setup binary (i.e. "M3800" string), which would cause the MD5 to be off.

Yes, ensure that the right power management CPU package is installed.
The script should do it automatically, but its good to keep an eye on.

BCM94352Z does not require anything special, dropping in the FakePCIID is enough.
Unless you have a "XT" card, then an additional Clover patch is needed for 5ghz.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Hi Darkvoid, i've hit a bit of a wall.. i have followed the guide to the letter and have managed to get near the finish line however on rebooting after installing Clover to the MACOS partition my UEFI doesnt see a bootable disk.

am I missing a step?

Thanks
Bun

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Hi Darkvoid, i've hit a bit of a wall.. i have followed the guide to the letter and have managed to get near the finish line however on rebooting after installing Clover to the MACOS partition my UEFI doesnt see a bootable disk.

am I missing a step?

Thanks
Bun

Did you install for "UEFI" from the Clover installer? It is not the default...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back