Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

there is a link about the final config.plist used to turn yosemite but i tested with it to !

Stick with it and debug the issue... It could be you have something else wrong.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Yeeeeees :) :)

I decided to use the same config.plist as the usb stik for the instalation, and to edit it just for the graphic manip' after the command line in the terminal, and now i've got a nice OSX in fully 3200 accelerate :)

BUT, the log-on process is buggy for me, i tought it's failed but if i wait for a verry long time, and try several time to enter my password, the desktop is finally displayed.

If i close my session to log on another time, it's the same thing: slooow process: the log on page is very slow to displayed and then, i enter my password, press ENTER, and it's very slow to leave the page.

Once i'm on the desktop, all is ok, "fast", normal...

Any idea ?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I want to start of by saying thanks for the help so far and for this guide it has truly been invaluable. I was able to get Yosemite installed and currently going through the rest of the guide to get it everything working.

However I did have a question regarding the wifi card I see that the Broadcom BCM94352Z (Z) is one that many have used to get wifi to work, however after some searching I cant seem to find that card available anywhere except for one place for $110. I do see that it was said in the Mavericks thread (
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/137928-guide-dell-xps-9530-a-5.html#post861517
that the BCM94352HMB (HMB) will use the same configuration settings as the Z model. However I see that the size for those are different as the Z is NGFF and the HMB is a Half-Mini PCI-e.

Is there a possible alternative to the Z model? Will the HMB work in our laptops? Just looking for some insight before I spend money on the wrong piece.

Thanks

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I want to start of by saying thanks for the help so far and for this guide it has truly been invaluable. I was able to get Yosemite installed and currently going through the rest of the guide to get it everything working.

However I did have a question regarding the wifi card I see that the Broadcom BCM94352Z (Z) is one that many have used to get wifi to work, however after some searching I cant seem to find that card available anywhere except for one place for $110. I do see that it was said in the Mavericks thread (
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/137928-guide-dell-xps-9530-a-5.html#post861517
that the BCM94352HMB (HMB) will use the same configuration settings as the Z model. However I see that the size for those are different as the Z is NGFF and the HMB is a Half-Mini PCI-e.

Is there a possible alternative to the Z model? Will the HMB work in our laptops? Just looking for some insight before I spend money on the wrong piece.

Thanks

The two cards are two different sizes so the HMB will not fit in the 9530. I have the HMB card for my 7537 It's like twice the size

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

The two cards are two different sizes so the HMB will not fit in the 9530. I have the HMB card for my 7537 It's like twice the size

Thanks for the reply spud I figured as much with the research I did but wanted to ask just to be sure. With that does anybody have a suggestion where I can get the Z model?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Thanks for the reply spud I figured as much with the research I did but wanted to ask just to be sure. With that does anybody have a suggestion where I can get the Z model?

I think there is a few link on this thread. I found a guy selling from China via Amazon but is taking ages for delivery, his not emailing back either.

Try eBay too

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I am having flash Plug-in Failure when watching YouTube ect, I am running 10.10.1
I have the same problem in Firefox and Safari.
Would this be a Yosemite issue or have I missed out installing kext or a patch in dsdt?

Thank you

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I decided to use the same config.plist as the usb stik for the instalation, and to edit it just for the graphic manip' after the command line in the terminal, and now i've got a nice OSX in fully 3200 accelerate :)

BUT, the log-on process is buggy for me, i tought it's failed but if i wait for a verry long time, and try several time to enter my password, the desktop is finally displayed.

If the logon process is buggy that means QE/CI is not activated and you do not have acceleration.
The config.plist from the USB stick specifically de-activates acceleration to make the installation work.

I will try and find some time to install 10.10.1 plain and update the guide where necessary, potentially automate a few things regarding DSDT patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back