Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I just erased my mac partition using disk utility and then disk management in windows to start over...after a fresh install I noticed my trash if still full with files that have been deleted way back in November 2014??
Does the trash store files in the ram or am I doing something wrong?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

You are definitely doing something wrong. I believe all these left over files are causing your problems.
Create a bootable USB with OS X installation according to Rehabman's thread.
Use the newest "Install OS X Yosemite.app" for this.

You could create a test installation first using an external HDD / USB stick, it's a great way to test things,

Once you boot from that use the utilities menu to properly clean the partition and clean the EFI folder also using terminal.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Thanks of the great guide.

I am having bit of a trouble.

I installed ok, can boot with the usb and also by copying the config from rehabman's usb to my SSD's clover folder. Obviously with no QE/CI.

But I cannot boot with the new config from the latest git package from OP. It just sits at the apple logo with the progress bar stopped 1/4 way through. Verbose mode does not show any errors. It looks like it is unable to display.

I installed with 10.10.1 package.
I am trying to install to a new 128GB msata drive. I also have the 1TB hdd still in there.

Any thoughts on where to look?

Thanks.
ravic

Edit:
I wonder what that "hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20" after FakePCIID means?

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 132
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I did notice that iokit patch did not succeed due to md5 mismatch. For some reason my md5 is not in the script.
I am now installing the 10.10.2 combo update and will try to patch again.

Thanks for the help

Did you patch and resign IOKit?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I'm just here to say THANKS!

The Dell XPS 15 9530 simply is a beast that runs them all.

I followed your guide and faced some issues, as you already know there are models of the 9530 with i7-4712HQ and the i7-4702HQ. It took me some time to recognize that the SSDT-pr.dsl supplied in darkvoids repo was for the ii7-4712HQ which caused issues for my i7-4702HQ. Maybe you could suggest to do a dump for those who run the older version. Or i could send you a dump of mine.

There have been two other points that caused some trouble i was able to solve. Maybe it's because its the first hackintosh i've got up and running, but here they are:

1. I had to manually add the Clover boot-entry for the hdd installation via UEFI-Setup
2. I had to install the FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and the NullEthernet.kext to the System via KextUtility to make them work.

Once again: Thanks!

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I am now on 10.10.2 and iokit is patched. But still the same behavior.

Config.plist is injecting fakeid of 0x0412 not sure if it right for this processor. I have a i7-4712hq.

Next step I am trying is to remove the SSDT and DSDT files.

I did notice that iokit patch did not succeed due to md5 mismatch. For some reason my md5 is not in the script.
I am now installing the 10.10.2 combo update and will try to patch again.

Thanks for the help

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I am now on 10.10.2 and iokit is patched. But still the same behavior.

Config.plist is injecting fakeid of 0x0412 not sure if it right for this processor. I have a i7-4712hq.

Next step I am trying is to remove the SSDT and DSDT files.

FakeID of 0x0412 would be wrong.

Must be: config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Sorry, I did not type the whole thing. It is already 0x04128086.

My laptop is behaving like the NVidia card is the one active. When I use DPCIManager to view the status, it shows
Model: "Nvidia Chip Model"
Framebuffer: "IONDRVFrameBuffer"
Ports: 4

In the bios I also see Primary display : "SG"
There are other options like IGFX, PEG, PCIE

It appears that SG represents switchable graphics. I might take the chance and switch it to IGFX and see.

Also, on a side note. Does NVidia GT 750M work in Yosemite? I bet switching to PCIE will force NVidia.

nv_disable=1 is already set in the config.

FakeID of 0x0412 would be wrong.

Must be: config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Sorry, I did not type the whole thing. It is already 0x04128086.

My laptop is behaving like the NVidia card is the one active. When I use DPCIManager to view the status, it shows
Model: "Nvidia Chip Model"
Framebuffer: "IONDRVFrameBuffer"
Ports: 4

In the bios I also see Primary display : "SG"
There are other options like IGFX, PEG, PCIE

It appears that SG represents switchable graphics. I might take the chance and switch it to IGFX and see.

Also, on a side note. Does NVidia GT 750M work in Yosemite? I bet switching to PCIE will force NVidia.

nv_disable=1 is already set in the config.

Post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back