Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Currently I am using Chrome, indeed Safari has flash issues.

I have seen the same issue reported on other threads with other builds.
Lets see if some more research can shed light on the issue and possibly resolve it.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

What version of Yosemite are you on?

For a clean install of 10.10.1 (14B25) directly from the appstore installer, the MD5 sums are as follows:

• IOKit unpatched: 2a8cbc2f6616d3f7a5e499bd2d5593ab
  • IOKit patched: 8756e20f979c9e74c80f07b452ebfadd
  • IOKit patched & signed: f834136d72126cc9479604879270d24f
  • libCLVMIGILPlugin unpatched: 6d325a0b3785e82b8074fb8f64005fdd
  • libCLVMIGILPlugin patched: a77fe21fa2cbf3958e7d43a9b9453535

I used 10.10.1 from AppStore (14B20 downloaded last week)

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

When i start the computer, i had to rest one time on the brightness down touch to get a correct brigtness. Not so important in fact, but i noticed that.

And, i've the impression that the battery lifetime is very just in comparison with windows (5hrs windows / 2h30 OSX ) Maybe i've missed something about this

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

It seems the YouTube safari crashes have to do with P-states / C-states.

Removing SSDT-17.aml from the Clover folder resolves them, but I am not sure what effect it will have on power management / CPU performance.

Maybe Rehabman can comment on this?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

It seems the YouTube safari crashes have to do with P-states / C-states.

Removing SSDT-17.aml from the Clover folder resolves them, but I am not sure what effect it will have on power management / CPU performance.

Maybe Rehabman can comment on this?

What is in SSDT-17.aml?

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Output from Piker Alpha's ssdtPRgen. Unsure if removal of it makes flash in Safari totally stable though.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Output from Piker Alpha's ssdtPRgen. Unsure if removal of it makes flash in Safari totally stable though.

Without it do you have X86PlatformPlugin loading? (I ask because you could still inject plugin-type in other ways).

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

No, when removing it X86PlatformPlugin no longer loads. Which I assume is not good.

I have seen people mentioning that a different SMBIOS fixes the flash crashes.
Unsure what the root cause is.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

No, when removing it X86PlatformPlugin no longer loads. Which I assume is not good.

Yeah, not good. Power management broken at that point... You can inject plugin-type=1 with Clover (ACPI/SSDT/PluginType=1).

Note: PluginType=1 depends on the PState generator in Clover being on (ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PStates=true). I find best results with both PStates/CStates=true and ssdtPRgen.sh script SSDT. This is not surprising as it more closely resembles real Apple products. On my u430, I'm experimenting with (patched) native OEM SSDTs + ssdtPrgen.sh SSDT and that works well too (and it makes a lot of sense).

I have seen people mentioning that a different SMBIOS fixes the flash crashes.
Unsure what the root cause is.

Which smbios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back