Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 9530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

in bios the Intel tab is blank.. Is this normal?

yes, also on my XPS12 with unlocked bios is blank, i've removed to save "tabs" :)

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

I have successfully unlocked bios, I am now trying to install Yosemite with the config.plist provided in the guide(with graphics/inject/intel=false)
How long does it take to get into gui? I've been waiting about 1/2 hour

Thank you

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Definitely should not take that long.

As a debug measure, connect an external monitor and see if something shows up on there.

I will have to test Yosemite 10.10.1 from scratch to see exactly how it reacts and update the guide accordingly.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Definitely should not take that long.

As a debug measure, connect an external monitor and see if something shows up on there.

I will have to test Yosemite 10.10.1 from scratch to see exactly how it reacts and update the guide accordingly.

I am using 10.10. I see the apple logo and now the little rainbow coloured cursor is showing? But still waiting....do you think its a clover/config.plist issue?

have you got a basic config.plist file just so I can get my 1st boot?

Thank you

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

As mentioned I will try and make a new sample one when I have some time.

Default Clover which will make the installer reach the main installation screen and an installation reach the desktop.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

As mentioned I will try and make a new sample one when I have some time.

Default Clover which will make the installer reach the main installation screen and an installation reach the desktop.

Thanks you Darkvoid

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Ok so I tested it.

I followed Rehabman's installation guide to install Clover to an USB and use "createinstallmedia" to put the Yosemite files on it.

Use the following config.plist:
https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX/blob/master/installation/config.plist

Now boot from the USB (F12 during startup) and select to boot the installation volume in verbose mode.

The bootup will take a while (2-5 minutes), so just keep an eye on the verbose log.
At some point the OS X loading bar will show up on top of the verbose text, after which the installer will show.

Follow the installation process as normal and install to a harddisk (either internal or external).
After installation finishes, again reboot with the USB stick, but this time select the newly installed OS X Yosemite partition.

The OS will boot up and prompt for user creation etc.
Note that you cannot select another user icon as they do not show without QE/CI, you can do this later once everything is configured.

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Ok so I tested it.

I followed Rehabman's installation guide to install Clover to an USB and use "createinstallmedia" to put the Yosemite files on it.

Use the following config.plist:
https://github.com/robvanoostenrijk/XPS9530-OSX/blob/master/installation/config.plist

Now boot from the USB (F12 during startup) and select to boot the installation volume in verbose mode.

The bootup will take a while (2-5 minutes), so just keep an eye on the verbose log.
At some point the OS X loading bar will show up on top of the verbose text, after which the installer will show.

Follow the installation process as normal and install to a harddisk (either internal or external).
After installation finishes, again reboot with the USB stick, but this time select the newly installed OS X Yosemite partition.

The OS will boot up and prompt for user creation etc.
Note that you cannot select another user icon as they do not show without QE/CI, you can do this later once everything is configured.

i will try now and report back.... Thank you

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Just curious... my HD4600 config.plist with Inject/Intel=false?
I don't know why it did work before but now I've installed Yosemite! Now the hard part start :)

Thank you Darkvoid and Rehabman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back