Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive removed the graphics card and set the BIOS to default. However Im still getting no signal at all from the integrated HDMI or VGA (I have both even though most xps 8500's seem to only have HDMI.

James, did you have a Signal at those Ports, when you startup in Windows? Can you try other Cables or an other TFT?

Nope non what so ever. Any ideas?

No ideas so far.

Hey everyone,
I am a first time hackintosher and I am also having some similar issues with my Dell xps 8500.

I am having trouble getting OS X 10.8.2 to fully work. I am using an authentic ML unibeat USB drive to install the os, but I can only get to the installer and install it when I enter "GraphicsEnabler=no -x". I am not able to get the computer to boot to it or open without the "-x". I have been connecting my monitor to the DVI port on the graphics card (Radeon HD 7570) because I don't have a hdmi monitor. Is this my problem? I have attatched a picture of what I get if I try to type "GraphicsEnabler=no -v" instead.
Here is my specs:

I have tried both:
180G Intel 330 SSD
1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

3rd Generation Intel Core i7 3770 Ivy Bridge Processor, 3.40GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4G ---but has 4 slots - up to 4x8G=32Gmax)
1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570 w/ HDMI
Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n WLAN
Bluetooth v4.0+LE, 2x USB 3.0

Any help or suggestion appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 1,896
@dudebandnerd

The 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570 w/ HDMI will not be supported. I have the same and I´m worried about. During Installation, remove the Crad from your System. After all, you can put it back to the System, but set the Graphics Enhancer=no Option. ML will work only with the on Board HDMI or VGA Graphics, until you find a Card that works with ML.

I took out the video card and re-installed the os, but it still wouldn't let me to the installer with out "-x" or when rebooted it wouldn't boot without the usb and still need the "-x".

You need to use Multibeast after a installing ML, to install the Drivers and the Bootloader.

Ive finally got the danmed thing to boot on its own after using multibeast, still have a couple of minor issues to sort out - no audio - no bluetooth - no wifi. However, everything else is working perfectly! Really chuffed!

If anyones interested I had to give up on the HD 4000 graphics built in as I couldn't get any signal out of it so ended up buying this:[h=1]EVGA GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card (2GB, PCI Express, DVI, Mini-HDMI)[/h]
Works perfectly! Thanks for everyones help!

Hi James,

congs! Look to the Screenshots in the Posts #37 and #40 and install all those Drivers too. Then Audio should work und some also other stuff. BT wroks out of the Box. If not, you may have an different BT Chip on Board, but I dont believe in this.

I will buy this Craphics Card next Month, so I´m thankful for your advise.

Regards,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back