Contribute
Register

Guide: Dell XPS 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I did. Maybe I am missing something. Here is what I selected on multibeast ML 5.2.0:
-EasyBeast Installation
-Realtek Lnx2Mac
-Chimera
-GraphicsEnabler=No

Do I need anything else?

Then I used leonowski's org.chameleon.Boot.plist to replace the on I had. Rebooted the machine and just get the white screen with the apple and circular thing just going forever.

Then when I rebooted I used the usb again and it just gives me white apple logo page then the gray "You need to restart you computer" screen pops up. Even with the "-x" it doesn't let me into the os

Thanks for the suggestions. Any idea?

I'm not sure what the problem is im afraid, seems like a graphics problem. Are you using the onboard graphics or an external card?

Ill tell you the configuration I used,
Easybeast
Realtej - Lnx2Mac's Realtek
Graphics Enabler=No
System Definition - Mac Pro 5,1
SSDT Options - Sandy Bridge Core i5

Thats the configuration I used it worked for me, hopefully this helps you.
If anyone can think of any improvements/problems with that set up please tell me.

Yeah I am using the onboard VGA output. I have no idea what it could be I have tried a lot of different combinations.

My main goal is to run the OS for Logic Pro. I tried installing the program from the CD, but it just said that i have 0 VRAM and that I needed a quartz extreme video card. Not sure what that exactly means.

Could it be something in the BIOS that I need to change? I don't fully understand all the things in the BIOS.

Can you provide the instructions for preparing your bootable device being a windows guy I don't totally understand the Mac side. I have heard of iboot unibeast however I do hhave a Mac running mountain lion 10.8. And I also have the app install mountain lion I just need help preparing the build.

thanks

Unibeast only works in a mac or a Virtual Machine of the mac operating system. Look up the ways of installing a virtual machines on youtube and google there are a ton of step by step guides. This is what I did.

Hi guys, I've finally complete the setup for my XPS, I have a stable installation and is full (ish) working, I wonder if any of you guys can help with my only two issues now.

a) How can I start directly from the hard drive, is annoying to use the USB stick all the time when I start the computer, I really want to solve this issue, is the big one for me right now.

b) Is there any way to make Bluetooth work? I have an Apple mouse and keyboard and I really want to use them, the funny thing is that when I've installed on a 2.5 80gb HD I had Bluetooth working but as that was a temporary installation (only to transfer my backup files from my Macbook's HD to another) I got rid of it, I though Bluetooth was going to work on my final installation but nothing, I did like 3 fresh installs to try to have Bluetooth working again and nothing. Any solution or ideas?

If I cant have Bluetooth fully working, can somebody recommend a good mouse to use with the XPS, I don't mind the dell mouse in Windows but in OS X is useless for me, I use a lot of horizontal scrolling and I can't do that with the mouse, also this mouse is very noisy and I prefer something a little bit quiet that this.

Sleep is not working for me neither but thats not a big issue for me, but if there is a way to fix it it will be good to have the feature.

Thanks in advance guys, enjoy the weekend.

Hi guys, I've finally complete the setup for my XPS, I have a stable installation and is full (ish) working, I wonder if any of you guys can help with my only two issues now.

a) How can I start directly from the hard drive, is annoying to use the USB stick all the time when I start the computer, I really want to solve this issue, is the big one for me right now.

b) Is there any way to make Bluetooth work? I have an Apple mouse and keyboard and I really want to use them, the funny thing is that when I've installed on a 2.5 80gb HD I had Bluetooth working but as that was a temporary installation (only to transfer my backup files from my Macbook's HD to another) I got rid of it, I though Bluetooth was going to work on my final installation but nothing, I did like 3 fresh installs to try to have Bluetooth working again and nothing. Any solution or ideas?

If I cant have Bluetooth fully working, can somebody recommend a good mouse to use with the XPS, I don't mind the dell mouse in Windows but in OS X is useless for me, I use a lot of horizontal scrolling and I can't do that with the mouse, also this mouse is very noisy and I prefer something a little bit quiet that this.

Sleep is not working for me neither but thats not a big issue for me, but if there is a way to fix it it will be good to have the feature.

Thanks in advance guys, enjoy the weekend.

A)have you installed easy beast with multibeast ? This will allow you to boot without USB.

B) I was having a lot of trouble with bluetooth(sometimes worked sometimes didn't, wasn't available during boot ect) I tried installing different drivers ect but it was far to unreliable for my liking so I searched around for compatible Bluetooth adapters , most of which are ancient as well as expensive. ( at least in the uk) So I brought this ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001BROKXO/?tag=tonymacx86-21

its cheap, and works perfectly with my Magic Trackpad and apple wireless keyboard ( all gestures and keys work perfectly) and requires no additional drivers. The only thing you must do for this to work properly is remove the dell mini WLAN card from the motherboard, otherwise there are some strange issues caused which prevent repairing at boot, probably due to both trying to connect.

hope this helps,
James

A)have you installed easy beast with multibeast ? This will allow you to boot without USB.

B) I was having a lot of trouble with bluetooth(sometimes worked sometimes didn't, wasn't available during boot ect) I tried installing different drivers ect but it was far to unreliable for my liking so I searched around for compatible Bluetooth adapters , most of which are ancient as well as expensive. ( at least in the uk) So I brought this ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001BROKXO/?tag=tonymacx86-21

its cheap, and works perfectly with my Magic Trackpad and apple wireless keyboard ( all gestures and keys work perfectly) and requires no additional drivers. The only thing you must do for this to work properly is remove the dell mini WLAN card from the motherboard, otherwise there are some strange issues caused which prevent repairing at boot, probably due to both trying to connect.

hope this helps,
James

Thanks for the advice, I've installed EasyBeast, but it didn't work, do you think it hasn't work because I have 3 different hard drives in the System? I have one with OS X, another for my personal stuff and a third one that I have reserved for a windows installation (windows is not installed yet). I will try to install again EasyBeast and see what i can do.

About the Bluetooth issue, How hard is to remove the WLAN card? I prefer no to mess with the integrated hardware on the motherboard, but if it is not hard I will definitely do it.

Thanks for the quick response mate.

if you get an answer to your boot question i would like to know what can be done to get the os to boot from the hard drive the following link gives a solution it just doesn't work for me. http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I have the same issue as you, and when I have installed Multibeast the System boot from the USB stick but the monitor does not turning on, it just goes into Energy Saving mode, so I give up for now, I'm tired of install the system two times each day, for now I'm going to keep the USB plugged and run the system from it until somebody found a solution or until I have enough time to dedicate to install and re-install the OS aver and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back