CPU
i5-3350P/H77
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
The card was a really tight fit (see photo). I got it off eBay. One issue I was having was that Quick Look wasn't showing JPEGs. I read up on it and thought it was my SMBIOS (which was 14,2). So I changed that to 17,1 based on looking up native profiles similar to the new graphics card. That did not solve the problem, however after more research, I found this kext:

Installed it and Quick Look works perfectly now.

I did notice that running under the 17,1 SMBIOS was a little sluggish, particularly with the Finder and web browsing. So I went back to 14,2 and things seem to be peppy again.

I just ordered the Fenvi FV-T919. Its supposed to add continuity capabilities, along with better bluetooth and native wifi. I'll see how that goes...

Attachments

Motherboard
Dell H77
CPU
Intel 3770 - 3.4 GHz
Graphics
Radeon HD 7770 2GB - Dell OEM
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The card was a really tight fit (see photo). I got it off eBay. One issue I was having was that Quick Look wasn't showing JPEGs. I read up on it and thought it was my SMBIOS (which was 14,2). So I changed that to 17,1 based on looking up native profiles similar to the new graphics card. That did not solve the problem, however after more research, I found this kext:

Installed it and Quick Look works perfectly now.

I did notice that running under the 17,1 SMBIOS was a little sluggish, particularly with the Finder and web browsing. So I went back to 14,2 and things seem to be peppy again.

I just ordered the Fenvi FV-T919. Its supposed to add continuity capabilities, along with better bluetooth and native wifi. I'll see how that goes...
When you said your system was so unstable in High Sierra, was that mostly referring to graphics/ video card issues, and what led you to think Mojave could be a better choice for the Dell? Thanks

Motherboard
Dell XPS 8500-NW73C
CPU
i5-3350P/H77
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry for the late reply. My system was unstable on High Sierra likely due to the graphics card I had. Constant freezes, regardless of what I did to configure it. So I just stayed with El Capitan until I was willing to switch video cards.

I just install received and installed the Fenvi FV-T919. Worked out-of-the-box and now I have better Bluetooth, native wifi, air drop, and I can login to my system using my Apple watch. Definitely recommended!

I wanted to upgrade to Mojave because I bought my wife a new Mac Mini and was so impressed with the new bells and whistles. Also, I needed to update my system to support Docker for Mac. So I solve all problems and one fair swoop.:)