Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to install the 10.12.3 update.
First, I downloaded the combo update file from Apple's website and running it. It asked me to restart my machine. I did and nothing happened. Still showed mac OS version 10.12.1.
Then I tried doing the update from App Store. It asked me to reboot and Clover rebooted into the Recovery HD. Still no sign of installation. I rebooted back to the regular boot disk. OS version still shows 10.12.1.
Any clue?

I can't seem to install the 10.12.3 update.
First, I downloaded the combo update file from Apple's website and running it. It asked me to restart my machine. I did and nothing happened. Still showed mac OS version 10.12.1.
Then I tried doing the update from App Store. It asked me to reboot and Clover rebooted into the Recovery HD. Still no sign of installation. I rebooted back to the regular boot disk. OS version still shows 10.12.1.
Any clue?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello, sorry for the selfish question but is the syscl build possible to install successfully on an xps 9350 with everything stock?

Hello, sorry for the selfish question but is the syscl build possible to install successfully on an xps 9350 with everything stock?
yea everything will work except the wifi/bt unless you swap the card for a different one like the dw1830

Reboot, Shutdown & Power Management seem to be working flawlessly! Sleep takes 20 seconds but that seems normal.
USB-C Video Output works! I'm really surprised, I just plugged in and it worked flawlessly, both with HDMI and DisplayPort adapters!

Somehow the USB-C port doesn't work as a normal port with an OTG adapter, may be a port limit issue...
Remaining issues are hotkeys, graphical glitches, thunderbolt and the SD Card reader...

EDIT: Tested the Port Limit Patch and the port still doesn't work sadly. Using the VoodooPS2Controller KEXT as it's less buggy for me (although multitouch and such don't work at all sadly...)

I cant reboot... my clover is vr.3998,,,bios is 1.4.13。
Specifications:
  • 6th Generation Intel Core I7-6560U
  • 16GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 540
  • 512GB Solid State Drive (Intel NVMe)
  • 13.3 inch FHD AG (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge display, Gold
  • 943602BAED(DW1830, Bluetooth: BCM20703A1)
tell me how to fix reboot, i cant update 10.12.3.......

thx

anybody experiencing losing audio with closing the lid?

like...
1. close lid (before the laptop sleeps)
2. wait a moment, then open the lid
3. sound becomes lost (mic seems to work)
to recover sound:
4. manually sleep the laptop (from the menubar)
5. wake the laptop (touch the some keys)
6. sound comes back

i was using the "Fix USB _PRW" patch; removing it seems to fix the problem.
i had disabled "USB wake" in bios, so the patch may not be needed any way.

note: Win10 also seems to have the instant wake problem. and that is why i disable USB wake in bios.

I cant reboot... my clover is vr.3998,,,bios is 1.4.13。
Specifications:

• 6th Generation Intel Core I7-6560U
    • 16GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 540
    • 512GB Solid State Drive (Intel NVMe)
    • 13.3 inch FHD AG (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge display, Gold
    • 943602BAED(DW1830, Bluetooth: BCM20703A1)
tell me how to fix reboot, i cant update 10.12.3.......

thx
Try editing your config.plist using clover configurator to set ResetAddress under ACPI to 0x82 and ResetValue to 0x73

anybody experiencing losing audio with closing the lid?

like...
1. close lid (before the laptop sleeps)
2. wait a moment, then open the lid
3. sound becomes lost (mic seems to work)
to recover sound:
4. manually sleep the laptop (from the menubar)
5. wake the laptop (touch the some keys)
6. sound comes back

i was using the "Fix USB _PRW" patch; removing it seems to fix the problem.
i had disabled "USB wake" in bios, so the patch may not be needed any way.

note: Win10 also seems to have the instant wake problem. and that is why i disable USB wake in bios.
I am having issues with sound loss after sleep. It works fine then I shut the lid to sleep, usually for many hours or overnight, and when I return sound isn't working. I can get it to work again by going to sys prefs and go to the input page and it will pop back on. Strange though as this seems to happen consistently after sleep for me.

I have a XPS13 9350 with i3-6100U & M.2 SATA SSD,I'm trying to install Sierra(10.12.2).(CLOVER)
I have Extracted native ACPI files from ubuntu16.04 and done all the things following the guide,I boot into the Sierra Installer but:
  1. can not find my internal ssd in disk utility.
  2. DW1830 WiFi card is not working(work on windows10&ubuntu).
I don't know what's wrong,can any one give some suggestions?
Bios: ACHI on,UEFI boot ,Secrue boot off

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 104
  • DW1830 not work.JPG
    DW1830 not work.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 107
  • NO internal SSD.JPG
    NO internal SSD.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I have a XPS13 9350 with i3-6100U & M.2 SATA SSD,I'm trying to install Sierra(10.12.2).(CLOVER)
I have Extracted native ACPI files from ubuntu16.04 and done all the things following the guide,I boot into the Sierra Installer but:
  1. can not find my internal ssd in disk utility.
  2. DW1830 WiFi card is not working(work on windows10&ubuntu).
I don't know what's wrong,can any one give some suggestions?
Bios: ACHI on,UEFI boot ,Secrue boot off

If your internal SSD is SATA, you probably forgot SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
For WiFi see FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

From where did you download macOS 10.12.2? Why not 10.12.3? On what hardware did you prepare your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back