Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your EFI folder is not per guide. Read RehabMans Clover guide carefully.
I also think that in your Clover folder some folders missing like the OEM folder, but I´m not sure if this can cause problems.
It is not per guide. In particular SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing.
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Well now I am using the clover folder by syscl and adding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext and the patch, still no luck.
Both "IOAHCIBlockStoragedriver: Could Not Recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating." or "busy timeout(0), (240s) kextd wait (0); 'IOAHCIDevice'" shows each of them randomly in my total 5/6 times of attempt.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
Well now I am using the clover folder by syscl and adding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext and the patch, still no luck.
Both "IOAHCIBlockStoragedriver: Could Not Recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating." or "busy timeout(0), (240s) kextd wait (0); 'IOAHCIDevice'" shows each of them randomly in my total 5/6 times of attempt.
Create your own bootable USB stick with RehabMans Clover guide!

So I updated my BIOS to 1.4.13 and suddenly everything stops working, will report back with fixes

So I updated my BIOS to 1.4.13 and suddenly everything stops working, will report back with fixes

Keep in mind you must re-extract/re-patch ACPI whenever:
- any BIOS update
- any BIOS option change
- any hardware change

Create your own bootable USB stick with RehabMans Clover guide!
Well I installed the Mac into a USB and hope to find out what's going wrong. I found that the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is never loaded and when I kextload it in Terminal, it shows "kext failed to load not privileged". What can I do now?

Well I installed the Mac into a USB and hope to find out what's going wrong. I found that the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is never loaded and when I kextload it in Terminal, it shows "kext failed to load not privileged". What can I do now?

You should not be using kextload with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
For USB it should be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Post-install it should be installed to the system volume.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You should not be using kextload with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.
For USB it should be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Post-install it should be installed to the system volume.

Yes I have and it is not working at all as the SSD do not show in the installer. When I insert another USB, it allows me to install Sierra on that USB. And now when I boot from that USB, there is still no SSD shown in the Finder.
It now shows "busy timeout(0), (60s) kextd wait (0); "SAMSUNG MZHPU512HCGL-0004 Media""

Yes I have and it is not working at all as the SSD do not show in the installer. When I insert another USB, it allows me to install Sierra on that USB. And now when I boot from that USB, there is still no SSD shown in the Finder.

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back