Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got USB C working?
Look at syscl 9350 github guide or at my 9360 guide (last page, main post not updated yet), we have usb c usb 3.1 lanes working.
On usb c connector there are other protocols, and we have displayport and power delivery working.

Last edited:
I'm running into an odd problem.

I installed mac on my xps13 and installed Clover into my SSD immediately after (uefi only + uefi x64 drivers, then replaced CLOVER folder with the ones from syscl's repo).
So next I tried to reboot my system to boot from SSD, and Clover comes up fine. It can see my OSX partition, so I select it to boot from it. However, it wouldn't boot.

After selecting the Mac OSX partition, I immediately get the crossed out circle logo instead of the Apple logo. Then it would shut down after a minute.

I tried booting my OSX partition from my install USB's Clover, and the strange thing is, that boots it up fine.

What can cause my SSD's Clover to fail booting up my Mac OSX partition, but my USB's Clover to succeed?

What can cause my SSD's Clover to fail booting up my Mac OSX partition, but my USB's Clover to succeed?

Something wrong with SSD EFI/Clover.

Is there a reason syscl's script puts kexts in efi/clover instead of S/L/E? Sorry if that is a noob question but I am wondering if there is a reason as I thought they were supposed to be in S/L/E

Is there a reason syscl's script puts kexts in efi/clover instead of S/L/E? Sorry if that is a noob question but I am wondering if there is a reason as I thought they were supposed to be in S/L/E

Some people like putting non-essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. I think it is best to put only essential kexts there, and install all kexts you need to the system volume (my preference is /L/E).

Some people like putting non-essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. I think it is best to put only essential kexts there, and install all kexts you need to the system volume (my preference is /L/E).

The fact is that if you place kexts in SLE you have no easy way to selectively prevent them from loading. (?)
Since I use my hackintosh laptop as my production and development machine, I like the idea of being able to fix boot errors quickly.
I put every kext in Clover EFI, and I keep a small USB thumb drive with the bare minimum EFI folder for booting the system.
This way I can use the "recovery" thumb drive to boot the system, fix/update the problematic kexts in the internal partition, and reboot.
I know, injecting kexts is not optimal, but so far has worked out great.

The fact is that if you place kexts in SLE you have no easy way to selectively prevent them from loading. (?)

You can often use safe mode to eliminate kexts that aren't needed in safe mode... assuming OSBundleRequired is not specified. Some developers do not understand the correct use of OSBundleRequired. Single user mode is also useful...

Since I use my hackintosh laptop as my production and development machine, I like the idea of being able to fix boot errors quickly.

I find removing a kext from the system partition is just as easy as removing from the EFI partition.

I know, injecting kexts is not optimal, but so far has worked out great.

For tested guides with known good kexts, kexts are best installed to the system volume.

hdmi audio (Dell DA200) works using UseIntelHDMI set to true in clover

View attachment 227996

dont know why recognize as displayport

I think it's because USB-C video adapters (DP|HDMI) work in "DP Alternate Mode", using some USB-C tx/rx lanes for native DisplayPort protocol. Then it's the adapter that actively converts that signal to HDMI via an integrated DSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back