Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi again, I did a fresh install using this clover... the installation wen well, no issues, but the system is still really laggy... unusable, am I the only one with this issue? Cant find anything online about it.

So you used that clover and all works well for you or you had to do anything else? any DSDT patching, etc?

Thanks

I'm not able to boot with verbose disabled. Screen is getting black. With Verbose on everything works fine. Does anyone facing the same problems or has a solution for this ?

Update : Updated all FakeSMC kexts now everythying works fine.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm also looking to hackintosh my Dell XPS 9343 but stuck at boot. I found a few EFI dumps but was just getting a black screen, Clover wasn't loading. Was able to boot using avatecer's dump but now have a graphics issue. I tried downgrading the BIOS to A07 so I could set DVMT but couldn't find the option. I'm also using 10.14.4 install media which probably won't help the cause. I did see RehabMan's link for HD5500 fix but not sure how to incorporate it into my current config. Eager for updates as I'm over Ubuntu 18.10 :(

Edit: Ah, I'm a noob. Found the post about enabling legacy mode to fix garbled video issue. Booting into installer okay now.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm also looking to hackintosh my Dell XPS 9343 but stuck at boot. I found a few EFI dumps but was just getting a black screen, Clover wasn't loading. Was able to boot using avatecer's dump but now have a graphics issue. I tried downgrading the BIOS to A07 so I could set DVMT but couldn't find the option. I'm also using 10.14.4 install media which probably won't help the cause. I did see RehabMan's link for HD5500 fix but not sure how to incorporate it into my current config. Eager for updates as I'm over Ubuntu 18.10 :(
Google "Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch" i used this tool to avoid converting to AFPS and create a bootable USB and and installed Clover on another USB with this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/clover-zip.382771/) Clover Folder to boot Clover from USB and then select the intaller USB to do a Clean install (format SSD). Worked perfect for me.

Thanks for the reply and the link. I made an installer using the latest build 18E226 but now can't load the installer.

Prior to this, it was installing but then would panic near the end. I was able to boot off the new install to continue but that too would panic. Not sure if that's due to APFS or DVMT. Next boot wouldn't show that volume to retry so likely APFS.

Anyway, tried with the latest MBR HFS patch and stuck at AppleACPICPU with the unsupported CPU/PCH message.

Tried a number of configs I've found posted for this model. Also, this is the only dump I've found that will load Clover. Others are just a black screen although that could be due to the drivers.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 192
I suspect this may just be the bootloader issue on 14.4 Trying 14.1 now to see if I can actually install and then boot.

Gah, KP shortly after starting the installer. Trying High Sierra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back