Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
sudo /sbin/mount -uw /
sudo /sbin/mount -uw /
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay
This worked for me. Thank you very much my friend!

I have always done just that. HFSPlus.efi does not work with this machine. VBoxHfs.efi is required instead (removed your disabling of this driver in config and added the driver to the folder). Only then will the USB work as it should. Boots to clover screen and HD's are displayed. Also able to boot with the USB to my current Sierra install on the SSD.

BUT, as soon as apfs.efi is placed in the drivers folder, the black screen after BIOS selection of the USB occurs. Nothing boots, not even to the clover screen.

Attached is my working EFI from the USB, obviously without apfs.efi.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
I have always done just that. HFSPlus.efi does not work with this machine. VBoxHfs.efi is required instead (removed your disabling of this driver in config and added the driver to the folder). Only then will the USB work as it should. Boots to clover screen and HD's are displayed. Also able to boot with the USB to my current Sierra install on the SSD.

BUT, as soon as apfs.efi is placed in the drivers folder, the black screen after BIOS selection of the USB occurs. Nothing boots, not even to the clover screen.

Attached is my working EFI from the USB, obviously without apfs.efi.

If your laptop has issue with apfs.efi just like HFSPlus.efi, then install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

If your laptop has issue with apfs.efi just like HFSPlus.efi, then install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Okay, without using APFS, I ran the installer for HS from the USB. Upon reboot, I chose the Install High Sierra from Macintosh (my SSD's name) in verbose with the attached screen as a result. Where to go from here?

Attachments

• IMG_6123.jpg
    IMG_6123.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Okay, without using APFS, I ran the installer for HS from the USB. Upon reboot, I chose the Install High Sierra from Macintosh (my SSD's name) in verbose with the attached screen as a result. Where to go from here?

Keep in mind special requirements for HFS+J installation:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

And you forgot "Problem Reporting" files.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Having trouble updating to High Sierra from a functioning Sierra install. USB is created. I am avoiding a apfs conversion. The second stage/restart of the install does not complete. Attached is the install log. Any hint of what do do? Thanks.

Attachments

• Installer Log 8-Oct-2017.txt
    174.7 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back