Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me like you're pressing keys that correspond to BIOS functions, not macOS functions.
Make sure you implement your brightness keys correctly.
See relevant part of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Your DSDT is only partially patched for _OSI("Darwin"). The OSID method is unpatched.
Suggest you use: OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI patches + SSDT-XOSI.aml (see ACPI hotpatch guide/files).

ACPI/origin files are too old to compare against ACPI/patched (you forgot to press F4).
Read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Definitely hotpatch is preferred, but more difficult to implement.

New folder attached with fresh ACPI files. Wifi gone after sleep.

I really don't know what happened to the brightness control. It had been working just fine, but suddenly changed to as described.

Is there a guide to hot patching DSDT to achieve the same results as it's patched in my ACPI patched folder?

Last edited:
Hi. I tried the steps in the first post but Im getting stuck at about 90% in the loading screen. I attached a picture where the system get stuck in case someone could help me get past it.

Attachments

• 20171102_071356.jpg
    20171102_071356.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 104
attached is my clover folder. It's the one I copied from the first post and the Mac OS I'm trying to install is the 10.12.6 Sierra from the Apple Store

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 86
  • 20171102_071356.jpg
    20171102_071356.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 62
Trying a few things I got it working, I'll post my efi file later in case someone else has the same problem.

Attachments

• 20171102_170550.jpg
    20171102_170550.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 88
Attached is my EFI folder.

I still don't have bluetooth (got wifi working with FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext), can't regulate screen bright and the camera doesn't work neither.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 108
Attached is my EFI folder.

I still don't have bluetooth (got wifi working with FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext), can't regulate screen bright and the camera doesn't work neither.

All of those issues are solved with DSDT patching. Check the stickies.

hint : screen brightness requires a kext/patch, using shortcuts to adjust requires dsdt patch. camera and bluetooth is USB related patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back