Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I restarted the entire process again because I used another thread to install the Sierra I had. I made the Boot USB again, erased my drive and did everything in between. After starting the installation it stops and gives me an error saying "macOS could not be installed on your computer". I've attached the log also if it helps. Any help is much appreciated.

Nothing attached.

Ok so I restarted the entire process again because I used another thread to install the Sierra I had. I made the Boot USB again, erased my drive and did everything in between. After starting the installation it stops and gives me an error saying "macOS could not be installed on your computer". I've attached the log also if it helps. Any help is much appreciated.
Nothing attached.
Nothing attached.

Please disregard the last message and I just wanna say thank you for your help and quick responses.

So I have Sierra running with some missing drivers but that's not my main issue at the moment. I dual booted my XPS with Windows 10 and both OSs work but I want to restore my Windows 10 from a system image recovery I had made before I began the entire process. Is this possible without formatting my entire drive? Also I have partitions on my drive for dual booting and not multiple SSDs.

Also my sound suddenly stopped working? Is there a kext I should install?

Last edited:
So I have Sierra running with some missing drivers but that's not my main issue at the moment. I dual booted my XPS with Windows 10 and both OSs work but I want to restore my Windows 10 from a system image recovery I had made before I began the entire process. Is this possible without formatting my entire drive? Also I have partitions on my drive for dual booting and not multiple SSDs.

The procedures you might use for restoring from a system image depend on what software was used to make the system image.

Also my sound suddenly stopped working? Is there a kext I should install?

It depends a lot on how you implemented audio. But if you're using an AppleHDA injector, did you rebuild cache as per FAQ?

The procedures you might use for restoring from a system image depend on what software was used to make the system image.

It depends a lot on how you implemented audio. But if you're using an AppleHDA injector, did you rebuild cache as per FAQ?

I used the built in Windows 10 system recovery tool and used Kext Utility to install the kexts in your S L E folder.

I used the built in Windows 10 system recovery tool

You can restore from the WinRE, but it might do things you don't want it to do.
For more control you can extract the VHD from the image and restore with tools in Linux...

and used Kext Utility to install the kexts in your S L E folder.

Not adequate information...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi - I'm also having this issue, think it maybe due to windows recovery partition still existing (i cloned the partition), can you advise how you got past this issue ? Many thanks

Hi - I'm also having this issue, think it maybe due to windows recovery partition still existing (i cloned the partition), can you advise how you got past this issue ? Many thanks

I think more likely you forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.
But you should plan on repartitioning your drive anyway (you can re-install Windows later)

Well I started from a clean drive and my problem was probably with the bootable flash drive I was using. After I got the error I formatted my bootable flash drive and I did the entire process again. Also I may have used a different UniBeast version on my first run compared to the one provided on this guide which might have been a problem. I'm no expert haha but that's what I noticed and I'm not 100% sure if that was the issue. And when you get the error, you can click on Windows->logs on the top left and save the log onto an external drive so that you can post on here to get someone's help.

You can restore from the WinRE, but it might do things you don't want it to do.
For more control you can extract the VHD from the image and restore with tools in Linux...

Not adequate information...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Alright I've attached everything you've asked for. Also my camera, bluetooth,sound and touch screen aren't working. If possible please let me know solutions to those as well. I can't get anything I find online to work. Again your help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back