Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 10.11, it just puts the computer to sleep, and pressing the power button brings it back. Does that not work on Sierra? (I'm still in middle of install or I would check for you - might be wake from sleep problem)
The screen goes black but the keyboard is still lit.
Pressing the power button does nothing.

I may have missed something patching DSDT.
Help is welcome.

First post.looking forward to get this onto my laptop.
Is there video for this or similar laptop?

Seems like Wifi doesnt work anymore on 10.2.2. Can someone help?

Hi, this isn't my first time trying to install MacOS on my Dell XPS 13 9343 and every time I have had trouble. I found this guide for Sierra and thought it would be a good idea to try it. I have done exactly what the guide has said to do and whenever I go to the boot menu options and select USB storage device it just goes to a black screen that says Invalid partition table! and never goes to clover. I have tried many different times to make sure it wasn't a clover installation error and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Has somebody had this issue? Please help!
IMG_1676.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG

Hi, this isn't my first time trying to install MacOS on my Dell XPS 13 9343 and every time I have had trouble. I found this guide for Sierra and thought it would be a good idea to try it. I have done exactly what the guide has said to do and whenever I go to the boot menu options and select USB storage device it just goes to a black screen that says Invalid partition table! and never goes to clover. I have tried many different times to make sure it wasn't a clover installation error and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong? Has somebody had this issue? Please help!View attachment 244140 View attachment 244141

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I am able to install the os but the graphics are a problem. Currently under "about this mac" it shows graphics as "display 7 MB" which is obviously a problem. I am having great difficulty finding out how to get the bios.exe from the dell website into a readable extension for the UEFITool. I cannot find an answer anywhere. Is there a program that will do this? I have tried several different commands such as /writeromfile. How do I get Dell PreAlloc DVMT to work? Am I going in the wrong direction? I am way lost.

So do you want me to create a USB using Clover?

If you read/follow the guide as written, at least two things might happen:
- you will fill out your profile with hardware details as requested in the FAQ and guide
- your graphics will be working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back