Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9343 Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm a newbie, what was the exact steps that you maked to install mojave on the 9343? I only make a Sierra instalation...
Thanks!!
I've used Mojave patcher installer to avoid conversion to apfs. Google "Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch"

Hi, Thanks for all the info, I read most of the tutuorial and I will go for Mojave... lets see how it goes...

Do I need to downgrade to (BIOS A07) ? Is that a must? i am actually on the latest one A18

Thanks!
If you patched your DSDT files for the latest A18 BIOS then keep it otherwise you need to downgrade. I keep my BIOS A07 and never updated to latest.

If you patched your DSDT files for the latest A18 BIOS then keep it otherwise you need to downgrade. I keep my BIOS A07 and never updated to latest.

Hi, no idea how to patch those DSDT to be honest so I will have to donwgrade to A07?

BTW, is there any way to check whats the current BIOS PREALLOC DVMT? I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/ and the current memory was 128... Is ther any reason to downgrade the bios?

On the other hand...Is is safe to do it via USB? I dont have windows anymore... Got ride off everything on my first and unsuccesful attemp...

Thanks

Hi, no idea how to patch those DSDT to be honest so I will have to donwgrade to A07?

BTW, is there any way to check whats the current BIOS PREALLOC DVMT? I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3.162062/ and the current memory was 128... Is ther any reason to downgrade the bios?

On the other hand...Is is safe to do it via USB? I dont have windows anymore... Got ride off everything on my first and unsuccesful attemp...

Thanks
It is better to have another laptop either windows or mac, preferably mac. Just in case if something doesn't work. I do have the latest bios and there isn't any issue until now.

Could you boot to the mac installer from usb?

It is better to have another laptop either windows or mac, preferably mac. Just in case if something doesn't work. I do have the latest bios and there isn't any issue until now.

Could you boot to the mac installer from usb?

Thanks for the quick answer!

I do have mac as well which I used to create the bootable usb. Last night I managed to get mojave running on the xps 13 but for some reason it is really slow... like it freezes for few secs... then works fine for another 3 secs. It drives me mad...
I thought it might be related to the BIOS version, therefore my question... any clues about this?

On the other hand, I made one mistake... I installed the kects on S/L and witour restarting I updated the EFI partition ith the reahabMan build but now it does not detect the apfs partition... so I have been trying to unistall the kexts booting from the USB in safe mode (and cant mount the EFI partition insafe mode...), lesson learnt, one change at a time...

I guess I will do a new install to restore all the kexts and then try again...

Hi, thanks for your help so far... unfortunately i have not been able to get mojave... could you please attach you clover folder so I can try with it? Thanks again!

I dont have windows anymore... Got ride off everything on my first and unsuccesful attemp...

Thanks
I have reinstalled recently my Windows just to access EFI or MacOS files if something goes wrong. It won't hurt.

Hi, thanks for your help so far... unfortunately i have not been able to get mojave... could you please attach you clover folder so I can try with it? Thanks again!
Here you are my friend! My laptop model is touchscreen UHD 4K. If you have same version it might work. Good luck!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back