458.4 KB · Views: 78
  • kextcache output.zip
    1 KB · Views: 71
  • kextstat output.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 68
Here you go

Problems:
- you need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true
- ACPI/origin files are too old (you forgot to press F4) . ... you probably need to re-patch/re-extract ACPI
- you need to remove "PCI Error" patches you have in config.plist (they were never needed, never correct)
- wrong kexts installed for your WiFI hardware
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true is a mistake. Remove.

Read FAQ for correct kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Problems:
- you need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true
- ACPI/origin files are too old (you forgot to press F4) . ... you probably need to re-patch/re-extract ACPI
- you need to remove "PCI Error" patches you have in config.plist (they were never needed, never correct)
- wrong kexts installed for your WiFI hardware
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true is a mistake. Remove.

Read FAQ for correct kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
- config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true added
- Yes, I forgot to press F4, I've attached ACPI below
- "PCI Error" patches removed
- I reinstalled latest FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and still no Wifi hardware detected
- I couldn't find config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true
but I found config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions=true should I remove that instead

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    257.8 KB · Views: 93
- I couldn't find config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions_10000000=true

It is quite clear in the files you attached in post #282:
Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 3.31.20 PM.png

but I found config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixRegions=true should I remove that instead

You must have changed it to FixRegions.
Same option, friendlier name.
Remove.

You're on a different boat than I was on. When my patch failed, I couldn't boot at all. It'll end up with a blank screen with a blinking cursor. If you can boot into OSX (with or without inject intel), you can do a
Code:
mv CoreDisplay.bak CoreDisplay
in the correct folder if you have access to a terminal, assuming your CoreDisplay.bak is working.

Also, I didn't use any script to patch. I did
Code:
sudo /sbin/mount -uw /
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay
sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

also, if you have to reinstall sierra, don't wipe your sierra drive. just install over it. it'll return to 10.12 (or whatever version your installer is), then you can update to 10.12.6 and try again. It is a little time consuming (30+ mins for me), but its the only option if you can't even boot and get a terminal going.

Hi there,

Have you managed to update to 10.12.6 in the end ? I tried your suggestion and it doesn't work for me.

Thanks !

Hi there,

Have you managed to update to 10.12.6 in the end ? I tried your suggestion and it doesn't work for me.

Thanks !
Yes it worked for me but now I no wifi working after newest clover update

Hello Rehabman,

I have two issues after upgrading to 10.12.6
1. I am not able to inject intel in any way. I am only able to boot up with platform id 0x123456789 - after applying CoreDisplay fix I am not able to boot at all. I have a flashing cursor and nothing else happens.
2. I updated clover to see if that fix the problem with Intel and now my WiFi doesn't work. For testing I tried to add HECI > IMEI rename but it didn't help.

This config was working perfectly in 10.12.5

PS. Is the CoreDisplay fix still required in 10.12.6 ?

Please see attached files needed for troubleshooting.

Many thanks for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
Hello Rehabman,

I have two issues after upgrading to 10.12.6
1. I am not able to inject intel in any way. I am only able to boot up with platform id 0x123456789 - after applying CoreDisplay fix I am not able to boot at all. I have a flashing cursor and nothing else happens.
2. I updated clover to see if that fix the problem with Intel and now my WiFi doesn't work. For testing I tried to add HECI > IMEI rename but it didn't help.

This config was working perfectly in 10.12.5

PS. Is the CoreDisplay fix still required in 10.12.6 ?

Please see attached files needed for troubleshooting.

Many thanks for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

Use CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext (assuming you have 4k display).
Your profile lacks details on your screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back