Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] DELL Optiplex 3020 Tower Mac OS X Mojave (Budget iMac Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
Great tutorial man! I have that exact same machine and I am trying my luck. Every alternative I have tried so far didn't work, but this looks promising.

The thing is the download you provided ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1NNR1fZCa6uMSIO6sgOdc90So07RbvkXt ) is incomplete, it does not have any clover folder.
Can you please upload the real one?

Thank you and good work!

Hye man..just asking do you successful installing mojave / Catalina on your machine ? for now if you need any EFI and clover configuration ..i have it if you want to try on your pc since we have same machine ( optilex 3020 with intel HD 4600 i5 4570)..if you do just say so :)

Thanks a lot!
I am assuming the "Drivers64UEFI" is the same folder as "Drivers", right? It is the closest name present there.

No sir..it's not the same..Drivers64UEFI is needed to boot to clover

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • screenshot 2.png
    screenshot 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 135
Yes, I have that folder on my USB drive, what I meant is that it does not exist in the "downloaded folder" provided by OP:
Now go back to Clover, then to "Drivers64EUFI". (It might just be called "Drivers64" on your device.) Do the same on the downloaded folder. Delete existing files and replace them with the ones on the downloaded folder.

There is a "Drivers" folder with a "UEFI" folder inside. It has some files, but none of them are -64.

If you could send me your Clover folder for booting I would really appreciate!

Thanks a lot!
I am assuming the "Drivers64UEFI" is the same folder as "Drivers", right? It is the closest name present there.
Yup! I’m not sure exactly the science behind it, but when I was building my Hackintosh I came across both file paths. Just assume all the drivers (for this particular build only) are 64 UEFI.

Oh, and
@abiatar please tell me when your finished if everything worked out for you.

Ok, so I tried with both your drivers and the ones in hokhackintosh's screenshot and neither of them worked.
This is the verbose I have when trying to boot:

Attachments

• IMG_20191122_182623704.jpg
    IMG_20191122_182623704.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 106
Ok, so I tried with both your drivers and the ones in hokhackintosh's screenshot and neither of them worked.
Darn, I've never seen that verbose screen before. Just to be clear, you copied the files from my clover folder (drivers > UEFI) to drivers64UEFI on your USB drive? (as well as the config.plist, kexts, and acpi patched .aml files)? Oh, and deleted any of the already installed kexts.
Also, I am on vacation right now and unable to access my actual hackintosh back at home. Now I may be able to get some screenshots from my actual usb stick to you bye tomorrow so you can make sure it looks identical to your USB stick.

Edit: Make sure to delete all of the preinstalled drivers, kexts, and aml files that unibeast put on your drive.

What connection to your monitor are you using ? The one on the back of your Dell.

@trs96 thanks for bringing that up. I forgot to mention that apple will not support VGA connections! This is completely my fault. I have updated my posting and put a message at the top of this guide.

I am using VGA connector on the motherboard.

Yes, everything is looking the same inside the folders. I don't know if it makes any difference but I have two hard drives, one with Windows and in the other I plan to install MacOS (currently has linux installed). Both are HDD (if this works I may buy an SSD).

And no hurry 2005gg, I will be out for the weekend so I won't be able to try anything new before Monday.

Thank you everybody for your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back