Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my SSDT-ALC256 is correct... But my audio doesn't work anyway.
I'm just sad because it was working before doing anything with SSDT.

My SSDT-ALC256.dsl is attached.
Maybe you met a issue that I met before.

Sometimes the verb settings may caused audio chip stop working.
Check IOReg, typically the audio chip info will show, even AppleALC not loaded.
Or you can try boot into Windows, if Windows can't find audio chip either, you have to reset BIOS.

Unfortunately reset settings in BIOS setup is useless, you have to tear down ur laptop's case.
Remove the CR2032 battery and disconnect the main battery, and put them back after a minute.

In the first boot, it may shutdown and reboot about 4~5 times, it's normal.
Then you will see DELL logo, set the BIOS settings again.

Last edited:
Maybe you met a issue that I met before.

Sometimes the verb settings may caused audio chip stop working.
Check IOReg, typically the audio chip info will show, even AppleALC not loaded.
Or you can try boot into Windows, if Windows can't find audio chip either, you have to reset BIOS.

Unfortunately reset settings in BIOS setup is useless, you have to tear down ur laptop's case.
Remove the CR2032 battery and disconnect the main battery, and put them back after a minute.

In the first boot, it may shutdown and reboot about 4~5 times, it's normal.
Then you will see DELL logo, set the BIOS settings again.

I just removed all configs (kexts and ssdt), and install AppleALC and CodecCommander again. Audio from hdmi, laptop and 3.5mm worked.

I'll leave with these settings, it's working normally like this. I do not know why I keep changing settings ...

Now I just want to fix the problem of the black screen from laptop after boot (without having to close and open the screen)

I just removed all configs (kexts and ssdt), and install AppleALC and CodecCommander again. Audio from hdmi, laptop and 3.5mm worked.

I'll leave with these settings, it's working normally like this. I do not know why I keep changing settings ...

Now I just want to fix the problem of the black screen from laptop after boot (without having to close and open the screen)
I checked ur previous PR file and found that the 21st byte of ur modified EDID is 'B5'.
Try edit to 'A5'.

Also I want to make sure, you use EDID injection in config.plist only?
Note that the override file also need to be remove if you decide to use EDID injection.

Update: 20180705
I found that if using 0x591b0000, the OS X will easily get KP if connect HDMI in the first boot after fresh/re install.
So I decide revert back to 0x59160000, this may become static now...in 10.13.5.
  • Revert ig-platform-id back to 0x59160000.

I checked ur previous PR file and found that the 21st byte of ur modified EDID is 'B5'.
Try edit to 'A5'.

Also I want to make sure, you use EDID injection in config.plist only?
Note that the override file also need to be remove if you decide to use EDID injection.

Ohhh, I don't have backup of the original file... And I did both (EDID injection and replace files from Displays) =x

What I can do?! I put 'A5' yesterday, but didn't worked, now I know why =P

Since I have already modified the files in the Displays folder, I have removed the EDID from the config.plist. Just keep giving the problem, I've tried several variations of EDID and nothing! (when I add a new resolution to the file, it recognizes and I can use it in the settings, but the screen still needs to open and close)

Since I have already modified the files in the Displays folder, I have removed the EDID from the config.plist. Just keep giving the problem, I've tried several variations of EDID and nothing! (when I add a new resolution to the file, it recognizes and I can use it in the settings, but the screen still needs to open and close)
Weird, I have no issue about this.
Is that also happened without connect HDMI?

In my case, it only happen when connect HDMI before insert modified EDID.
After insert EDID, the internal display always work.
Only a problem is that I have to off/on internal display to make external display work if re-connect HDMI.

Maybe you can try re-install OS X, because some weird issue can be fix after re-install.

Weird, I have no issue about this.
Is that also happened without connect HDMI?

In my case, it only happen when connect HDMI before insert modified EDID.
After insert EDID, the internal display always work.
Only a problem is that I have to off/on internal display to make external display work if re-connect HDMI.

Maybe you can try re-install OS X, because some weird issue can be fix after re-install.

Yes! Always happen, connected on HDMI or not... I will try reinstall later! Thanks =)

After iTunes update, my audio stopped =x
(I updated AppleALC but did not work)

---- EDIT

After 1 day without turning on the laptop, audio is back up... o_O

Last edited:
Did you do any settings to DMVT? I did a setup of Retina display (HiDPI) for my Dell laptop. But I got this issue by waking up my laptop the first time and got this 1/4 screen.
My original post is here: Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_113157.jpg
    IMG_20180708_113157.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back