Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have the same crunchie´s problem and same laptop. Did you make a DVTM patch on Bios as cagalindo did. How did you do please? I think my DVTM is 128MB.
No, I didn't use the patched BIOS and Idk where to find it.
You can try boot up without IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext
The DVMT might below 64MB if you meet KP.

Thanks, I'm also on 1.5.4 ( I notice new version just came out yesterday)

I had installed as APFS so starting from scratch again but failing at the first hurdle.

My method so far..

Make Unibeast installer. Delete clover folder on EFI partition of unibeast installer.

Install RM’s clover to EFI on unibeast installer.

Copy these kexts to CLOVER/Kexts/Other

FakeSMC

SATA-100-series-unsupported

RealtekRTL8111

USBInjectAll

VoodooPS2Controller

Lilu

IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup

Edit config .plist with the following

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=True

config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=True

config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=True

Set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true

And set config.plist/CPU/Type=0x0705 (CPU Type for i7)

Now stuck at end randomseed

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been away from the hackintosh scene for a while, looks like I'm not having much luck this time!

Only difference with my system is I have 16GB of RAM.

I believe that if you share your clover files it'd be easier to get help.
I suggest you check your Lilu and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup to make sure they are the latest version, also, if it doesn't work, try booting up with ig-platform-id 0x12345678, if it works, the problem might be DVMT related.

To fix it, if you don't want to patch your BIOS, you should know that your options(that I know of) are:
-Lilu+IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup
-patch the framebuffer(according to the platform-id you're using) in config.plist.

If you don't know, RehabMan's plists has the second option(and some more) done for you, check it out: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

And if you didn't read it already I strongly recommend this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Last edited:
@missile0407 Could you tell me what is your normal kernel_task CPU use? I"m getting around 10-20% on idle and it seems that after waking from sleep it flies up to 60-80 even with no tasks running, it stays that way until reboot.

Attached pictures of the situation before and after sleep.

Attachments

• debug_14325.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
  • after_sleep.png
    after_sleep.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • before_sleep.png
    before_sleep.png
    827.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I'm back in business again. Using your clover files , I removed the DSDT/SSDT files.

I'm going to update the bios to 1.6.0 and capture the DSDT/attempt to patch.
Perhaps yours didn't work as I have 16GB of RAM.

@missile0407 Could you tell me what is your normal kernel_task CPU use? I"m getting around 10-20% on idle and it seems that after waking from sleep it flies up to 60-80 even with no tasks running, it stays that way until reboot.

Attached pictures of the situation before and after sleep.
Here's my status right now on my laptop. Already used about 5 days. And it also came sleep few times when using.
But still OK, without the issue like you said.
CPUusage.jpg

Perhaps you can try my config.plist putting at #1 because I found ur config is little mess at ACPI block.
Also it's not suggest using OsxAptioFixDrv2-free2000, please change to AptioMemoryFix.
I'm back in business again. Using your clover files , I removed the DSDT/SSDT files.

I'm going to update the bios to 1.6.0 and capture the DSDT/attempt to patch.
Perhaps yours didn't work as I have 16GB of RAM.
My laptop also have 16GB memory too actually.
If you want to set higher DVMT, using patched BIOS is a only shot.
But as I said above, Idk where to find it and also Idk how to patch it.
I believe that if you share your clover files it'd be easier to get help.
I suggest you check your Lilu and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup to make sure they are the latest version, also, if it doesn't work, try booting up with ig-platform-id 0x12345678, if it works, the problem might be DVMT related.

To fix it, if you don't want to patch your BIOS, you should know that your options(that I know of) are:
-Lilu+IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup
-patch the framebuffer(according to the platform-id you're using) in config.plist.

If you don't know, RehabMan's plists has the second option(and some more) done for you, check it out: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

And if you didn't read it already I strongly recommend this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Patching the framebuffer in config.plist is not recommend because it follows ig-platform-id.
Once you change ig-platform-id, you have to change the patch fits the same ID together.

@missile0407 do you know which DSDT patches you used please?

I have added my own DSDT to clover now and patched as linked here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/page-291#post-1785342

Installed the ALC kext /LILU mentioned in the 1st post, but still no audio using your config.plist.

I feel there must be a step I’m missing somewhere ?

I’m on bios 1.6 now by the way which fixes a critical graphics issue apparently!
Many. But basically I'm following the guide, too.
Only two things I done by myself.
  • Brightness key fix patch
  • Enable I2C touchpad patch
You can find how to patch it at #1

Also what's ur main issue now? And what you mean "fixes a critical graphics issue" ?
I can't help you without ur PR file.

I had read that the bios fixes a critical graphics issue where you lose graphics after a reboot but the changelog just states.
Code:
Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes:
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00118 (CVE-2018-3627)
- Updated CPU microcode to address security advisory Intel Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00115 (CVE-2018-3639 & CVE-2018-3640)

I've made all the recommended DSDT patches but not done the brightness/ i2C touchpad patch yet.
AppleALC has been installed to L/E with kextbeast and I'm using your config.plist with my DSDT but still no audio.

Attachments

• debug_18150.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I had read that the bios fixes a critical graphics issue where you lose graphics after a reboot but the changelog just states.
Code:
Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes:
- Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00118 (CVE-2018-3627)
- Updated CPU microcode to address security advisory Intel Security Advisory INTEL-SA-00115 (CVE-2018-3639 & CVE-2018-3640)

I've made all the recommended DSDT patches but not done the brightness/ i2C touchpad patch yet.
AppleALC has been installed to L/E with kextbeast and I'm using your config.plist with my DSDT but still no audio.
Your kextcache log shows AppleALC didn't load because it can't find correct Lilu.
Idk which version you install but the Lilu need update to 1.2.5 if you're using 1.3.0 AppleALC.

BTW the AML you need not only DSDT, but also SSDT to additional fixes (like disable 940MX, brightness key fix, USB, etc.)
But I think the structure of ACPI still a same after update the BIOS. So you can continue using SSDTs that I build.

Last edited:
Here's my status right now on my laptop. Already used about 5 days. And it also came sleep few times when using.
But still OK, without the issue like you said.
View attachment 343384

Perhaps you can try my config.plist putting at #1 because I found ur config is little mess at ACPI block.
Also it's not suggest using OsxAptioFixDrv2-free2000, please change to AptioMemoryFix.

My laptop also have 16GB memory too actually.
If you want to set higher DVMT, using patched BIOS is a only shot.
But as I said above, Idk where to find it and also Idk how to patch it.

Patching the framebuffer in config.plist is not recommend because it follows ig-platform-id.
Once you change ig-platform-id, you have to change the patch fits the same ID together.
Well, using your plist didn't work, I'm gonna open a new thread to see if anyone can figure the problem.
Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back