Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hint: The patch you need is Windows 10 _OSI patch and BRT6 patch inside the guide.)
Hi, I tried a few arrangement but I still don't know how to get brightness key working. I have attached my PR files.

Attachments

• debug_27253.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi, I tried a few arrangement but I still don't know how to get brightness key working. I have attached my PR files.
I don't have ur model of laptop so I only have few possibilities.

I checked ur DSDT, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-PNLF. Seems like everything is OK.
But Idk what other works you mat do on ur DSDT. Only one thing to do for brightness key in DSDT is using BRT6 patch.
Also, I found you have SSDT-KEY-DELL-WN09, I suggest delete it.

And for what you want (using F11-F12, not to press Fn), I think it's impossible. Because it's already hard coded.
Only you can do is change Fn key setting in BIOS.

I don't have ur model of laptop so I only have few possibilities.

I checked ur DSDT, SSDT-XOSI, SSDT-PNLF. Seems like everything is OK.
But Idk what other works you mat do on ur DSDT. Only one thing to do for brightness key in DSDT is using BRT6 patch.
Also, I found you have SSDT-KEY-DELL-WN09, I suggest delete it.

And for what you want (using F11-F12, not to press Fn), I think it's impossible. Because it's already hard coded.
Only you can do is change Fn key setting in BIOS.
I don't think it's hard coded, because in Windows, it works just like the volume keys (without pressing Fn to change brightness). I would like to know how you patched your brightness key. Is it from ACPIDebug or something else? I may need more hint of what you did to make it work.

ps. Regarding to SD Card Slot, mine works as a usb drive when a SD card is inserted.
Thanks

@missile0407, my Dell is also a 7460 (i5-7200U), what exactly should I modify in the config.plist for it to work on my laptop? (I am extremely beginner and would like to know if when I have some problems with Hackintosh, could you help me?)
I suggest to read FAQ and general guide first, or you may still not understand how to do even I tell you.

I don't think it's hard coded, because in Windows, it works just like the volume keys (without pressing Fn to change brightness). I would like to know how you patched your brightness key. Is it from ACPIDebug or something else? I may need more hint of what you did to make it work.

ps. Regarding to SD Card Slot, mine works as a usb drive when a SD card is inserted.
Thanks
I follow this guide to patch my DSDT for brightness key.
Looking at the part what RehabMan do on BRT6. Using MaciASL to patch.

DSDT is a function code that locate and what hardware going to do in conditions. Just like a dictionary.
That's why we have to modify it to get hardware or function works in OS X.

I suggest to read FAQ and general guide first, or you may still not understand how to do even I tell you.

I have read a few times and I have already understood the hackintosh, clover, etc ... I am still trying to understand the codes inserted in the config.plist, info.plist (kexts) to work on my laptop.

So I would like to know what to change in config.plist so I can do a clean installation without erros (the only thing I have knowledge of modifying there is the fake ig-platform-id for 0x12345678 haha)

When you said to modify the processor information, where exactly and what should I put in the config.plist?

I have read a few times and I have already understood the hackintosh, clover, etc ... I am still trying to understand the codes inserted in the config.plist, info.plist (kexts) to work on my laptop.

So I would like to know what to change in config.plist so I can do a clean installation without erros (the only thing I have knowledge of modifying there is the fake ig-platform-id for 0x12345678 haha)

When you said to modify the processor information, where exactly and what should I put in the config.plist?
For changing CPU information, only you have to do is changing config.plist/CPU/Type.

The ID in my plist is 0x0705, which for i7. You have to find the ID for i5 and change it.

For others:
1. HD620 had fit ig-platform-id to use. You can try 0x591b0000 or 0x59160000. (I suggest 0x59160000)
2. To make HDMI work, you can follow the patch from my config.plist.
3. Remember to get and patch ur own EDID, and replace to config.plist/Graphics/EDID/CustomEDID.

For changing CPU information, only you have to do is changing config.plist/CPU/Type.

The ID in my plist is 0x0705, which for i7. You have to find the ID for i5 and change it.

For others:
1. HD620 had fit ig-platform-id to use. You can try 0x591b0000 or 0x59160000. (I suggest 0x59160000)
2. To make HDMI work, you can follow the patch from my config.plist.
3. Remember to get and patch ur own EDID, and replace to config.plist/Graphics/EDID/CustomEDID.

All right! I just install with your CLOVER folder and this time all installation going well...
I will change config.plist with my processor information and will install the kexts like yout sad on guide!

I guess with guide and replies all will work fine. Thanks a lot! =)

---- EDIT ----

CPU Type for i5 is 0x0606, if someone want to know!
For i3 is 0x0905

Last edited:
Update: 20180703
  • Change ig-platform-id back to 0x591b0000
  • Apply kext patch for 0x591b0000 as default
  • Update VoodooI2C & VoodooI2CHID to 2.0.3
  • Update Lilu to 1.2.4
New CL files has uploaded at #1.

I already tested modification of CodecCommander.kext, and it can work without ALCPluginFix.

First, remove ALCPluginFix files.
Code:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist
sudo rm /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix
sudo rm /usr/bin/hda-verb
sudo rm /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist

Please reboot after deletion, and check audio jack, it should have output but no sound.

And Here's how to add:
  1. Open CodecCommander.kext/Contents/info.plist
  2. Direct to IOKitPersonalities/CodecCommander/Codec Profile
  3. Add new profile and settings, follow the red box inside below picture.
View attachment 318034

(Oops! Please change Comment from "0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" to "0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x20")

Save, install CodecCommander.kext into /L/E, then reboot.

I tried this but didn't work... So I googled about this and found a CodecCommander on a GitHub (https://github.com/Techposts/Dell-7000-High-Sierra-Fixes/) that use another Info.plist configs.

I used this configs and it worked my 3.5mm audio jack =)

Codec Kext Info.png

---
Almost all things worked out well.
Only one thing is bothering me, which is when I boot, the laptop screen gets all black, I need to lower the screen and open again to work (on hdmi screen always works). I think that is my EDID (I've done the fix a few times trying some kind of screen like mbp or imac or mb air, but so far nothing has changed).

I'll keep trying, if I can not, when I have time I'll come back here with the log so you can help me.

Thank you very much for the guide and for the attention, if it were not for you I would not have gotten half of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back