Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried this but didn't work... So I googled about this and found a CodecCommander on a GitHub (https://github.com/Techposts/Dell-7000-High-Sierra-Fixes/) that use another Info.plist configs.

I used this configs and it worked my 3.5mm audio jack =)

View attachment 339060

---
Almost all things worked out well.
Only one thing is bothering me, which is when I boot, the laptop screen gets all black, I need to lower the screen and open again to work (on hdmi screen always works). I think that is my EDID (I've done the fix a few times trying some kind of screen like mbp or imac or mb air, but so far nothing has changed).

I'll keep trying, if I can not, when I have time I'll come back here with the log so you can help me.

Thank you very much for the guide and for the attention, if it were not for you I would not have gotten half of it!
Confirmed that audio fix on CodecCommander worked.
Thanks for ur research.

For black screen issue, is ur EDID patch based on ur own EDID?

Confirmed that audio fix on CodecCommander worked.
Thanks for ur research.

For black screen issue, is ur EDID patch based on ur own EDID?

I extracted my EDID on Windows and also using DarwinDumper on the Mac to compare the .bin (both were the same). After that I compiled and used the FixEDID and then extracted the EDID from the generated file to change 21st binary (20st start from 0) and last one, than put in the config.plist in addition to putting the generated folder in S/L/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides (I generated the EDID based on the iMac, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air and none of the 3 worked).

The only thing I did not do was modify the DisplayMergeNub.kext and install this kext. I researched in some places and they said not to install this kext, was that what it lacked to work?!

I extracted my EDID on Windows and also using DarwinDumper on the Mac to compare the .bin (both were the same). After that I compiled and used the FixEDID and then extracted the EDID from the generated file to change 21st binary (20st start from 0) and last one, than put in the config.plist in addition to putting the generated folder in S/L/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides (I generated the EDID based on the iMac, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air and none of the 3 worked).

The only thing I did not do was modify the DisplayMergeNub.kext and install this kext. I researched in some places and they said not to install this kext, was that what it lacked to work?!
Display override, put into config.plist, and DisplayMergeNub.kext are the same, choose one exclusively.

For me, I only change 21st byte, didn't change the last byte. (Yes, the CLOVER fix the last byte automatically.)
Typically I didn't suggest copy EDID to the override folder because may need it when boot into installer sometimes.
Also, which code you change for 21st byte?

I tried this but didn't work... So I googled about this and found a CodecCommander on a GitHub (https://github.com/Techposts/Dell-7000-High-Sierra-Fixes/) that use another Info.plist configs.

I used this configs and it worked my 3.5mm audio jack =)

View attachment 339060

---
Almost all things worked out well.
Only one thing is bothering me, which is when I boot, the laptop screen gets all black, I need to lower the screen and open again to work (on hdmi screen always works). I think that is my EDID (I've done the fix a few times trying some kind of screen like mbp or imac or mb air, but so far nothing has changed).

I'll keep trying, if I can not, when I have time I'll come back here with the log so you can help me.

Thank you very much for the guide and for the attention, if it were not for you I would not have gotten half of it!

There is SSDT-ALC256.dsl in the CodecCommander repo.
Such SSDTs are to be used instead of editing the Info.plist.

Display override, put into config.plist, and DisplayMergeNub.kext are the same, choose one exclusively.

For me, I only change 21st byte, didn't change the last byte. (Yes, the CLOVER fix the last byte automatically.)
Typically I didn't suggest copy EDID to the override folder because may need it when boot into installer sometimes.
Also, which code you change for 21st byte?

I just edited the config.plist, I did not use kext. Anyway I must have done some wrong step (I do not know how byte I should put in the 21st byte, so I read each device chosen in FixEDID is a different byte, but I do not know what the value of each).

There is SSDT-ALC256.dsl in the CodecCommander repo.
Such SSDTs are to be used instead of editing the Info.plist.

Do I have to go back to the original configuration and use the SSDT or can I leave modification of the Info.plist I did?!

Do I have to go back to the original configuration and use the SSDT or can I leave modification of the Info.plist I did?!

No need to modify the Info.plist when overriding the parameters with an SSDT.

No need to modify the Info.plist when overriding the parameters with an SSDT.

I put the SSDT-ALC256.aml in the ACPI/patched and my HDMI stopped working... I removed from EFI and HDMI doesn't back =(

--- EDIT

After press F4 and F2 to generate log for upload here, HDMI is back, but audio stopped! I'm confused haha

My log is attached, can you help me @RehabMan?

--- EDIT

I tried to uninstall AppleALC.kext and CodecCommander.kext, and after reboot install AppleALC, reboot and install CodecCommander... But doesn't work too (computer audio and 3.5mm)

Attachments

• debug_30283.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I put the SSDT-ALC256.aml in the ACPI/patched and my HDMI stopped working... I removed from EFI and HDMI doesn't back =(

--- EDIT

After press F4 and F2 to generate log for upload here, HDMI is back, but audio stopped! I'm confused haha

My log is attached, can you help me @RehabMan?

AppleALC requires certain CodecCommander features to be disabled.
Read SSDT-AppleALC.dsl (in CodecCommander repo), integrate into SSDT-ALC256.

AppleALC requires certain CodecCommander features to be disabled.
Read SSDT-AppleALC.dsl (in CodecCommander repo), integrate into SSDT-ALC256.

I think my SSDT-ALC256 is correct... But my audio doesn't work anyway.
I'm just sad because it was working before doing anything with SSDT.

My SSDT-ALC256.dsl is attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-ALC256.dsl
    1.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I think my SSDT-ALC256 is correct... But my audio doesn't work anyway.
I'm just sad because it was working before doing anything with SSDT.

My SSDT-ALC256.dsl is attached.

You do not have the settings from SSDT-AppleALC.dsl.

Also, it is up to you to verify the custom verbs in your SSDT-ALC256.aml match the changes you were making to the CodecCommander Info.plist. I have no plans to verify them for you.

Anything you can do with Info.plist changes, you can easily do the same with a correctly coded SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back