Contribute
Register

[Guide] DELL Inspiron 7560 High Sierra installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi missile0407 I have the Dell inspiron 7460 laptop,can i use you COLVER files?
And do you have sound problem of sound caton? Sound card work find but the sound will stop a while for a while, do you know how to solve this problem?
You can try, notice that you have to change CPU Type code in config.plist

And for ur sound problem, which output you're using? Speaker or headset?
But I don't have a problem like you said. Maybe you can try change layout-id to 13.

What is 'ALCAudioFix'?
It's a script that runs through terminal [ofcourse] and it fixes the headphone audio instantly.
In my case, headphone jack wasn't detected, my plist was updated, necessary kexts were installed. Tried several setting but none of them worked. I ran this script while my headphone was connected and voila, I instantly started hearing audio through my headphone (while it was connected). Now when I insert the headphone, it automatically detects it and when I remove, it switches back to laptop speakers.

Best part, I am using an audio app that works so well with my mac that i am able to enjoy 3D Surround surround. I can switch off and On individual speaker (direction) with enhanced bass.

Overall, my macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 powered Dell 7560 is now a complete mac. Everything's working, along with gesture support. If you need, I can send you the ALCPlugFix file.

It's a script that runs through terminal [ofcourse] and it fixes the headphone audio instantly.
In my case, headphone jack wasn't detected, my plist was updated, necessary kexts were installed. Tried several setting but none of them worked. I ran this script while my headphone was connected and voila, I instantly started hearing audio through my headphone (while it was connected). Now when I insert the headphone, it automatically detects it and when I remove, it switches back to laptop speakers.

Best part, I am using an audio app that works so well with my mac that i am able to enjoy 3D Surround surround. I can switch off and On individual speaker (direction) with enhanced bass.

Overall, my macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 powered Dell 7560 is now a complete mac. Everything's working, along with gesture support. If you need, I can send you the ALCPlugFix file.
The reason that audio jack didn't work because default CodecCommander.kext didn't include the profile for ALC256.
Follow this thread to edit and re-install CodecCommander and audio jack will work again.
(Actually I didn't recommend using ALCPluginFix.)

Are you sure you're not referring to ALCPlugFix?

Update: OS X 10.13.5 upgrade

Hi again, the OS X 10.13.5 has released few days ago. And I already tested it.
Everything works fine except HDMI. Seems like 0x591b0000 with HDMI patch not work again.
System hangs if plug HDMI cable after boot. And no output at system if plug before boot.

And change back to 0x59160000 with fit patch will work again.

So here's a new CLOVER file change included:
  • Change ig-platform-id from 0x591b0000 to 0x59160000 in config.plist
  • Set HDMI patch for 0x59160000 as default in config.plist
  • Remove few unnecessary settings in config.plist
  • Update few kexts in kexts/Other.

New CLOVER file has updated at #1.

Last edited:
Hi, is the SD card slot and camera working for you?

Thanks.
ps. Are you Taiwanese?

Hi, is the SD card slot and camera working for you?

Thanks.
ps. Are you Taiwanese?
Camera works, but SD card slot not.

Camera works, but SD card slot not.
I have a Realtek Camera, but yours is NEC. I would like to know how did you make it to work?
Also my SD slot is by Realtek USB. Is yours the same?

Thanks

I have a Realtek Camera, but yours is NEC. I would like to know how did you make it to work?
Also my SD slot is by Realtek USB. Is yours the same?

Thanks
SD slot is same brand.

For camera, I didn't do anything about it, just make sure all USB has injected correctly.
(Because camera usually connected on USB hub.)
Then OS X loaded and it work.
螢幕快照 2018-06-25 上午11.12.39.png

If you sure all USB has injected but camera still not work, maybe you should check the info on IORExplorer

Also I suggest create another post at Laptop Support for ur question, may have better support.

Last edited:
You can try, notice that you have to change CPU Type code in config.plist

And for ur sound problem, which output you're using? Speaker or headset?
But I don't have a problem like you said. Maybe you can try change layout-id to 13.

@missile0407, my Dell is also a 7460 (i5-7200U), what exactly should I modify in the config.plist for it to work on my laptop? (I am extremely beginner and would like to know if when I have some problems with Hackintosh, could you help me?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back