Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you add the ssdt-GPRW to your config.plist? did you add the patch that accompanies it?
Oh no.... I don't think I added the patch that accompanies it... but I don't really know how to do that. I'm not good at working out with SSDT stuff

not sure why your laptop is draining so fast, but Im using 4k res and I still get around 4hrs on a battery that only has 73 percent capacity. you can try using cpufriend and setting the profile to Energy Saving. My cpuFriend is set to perform as fast as possible with the best battery life available. since I mainly use my laptop on AC power, I don't really keep an eye on the battery
then maybe it's cuz my battery health is bad, but I'll try using cpufriend

cpu friend may help or voltage shift

Last edited:
13 as your alc-layout-id in device properties & alc-verbs=1 in your boot-args. No problem
this causes distortion across boot in headphones. im using layout 77 and for my laptop its working great thanks.

Last edited:
@Feartech I couldn't build using Xcode for some reason kept getting an error

Last edited:
There's a fix for the headphones. I had it working with these same settings when I had clover but opencore killed codeccommander. Our proper audio codec is 13, not 77. You'll have to redownload AppleALC & move the alc-verb exec to usr/local/bin. Run the install.sh from the ALCPlugFix folder I've provided & Reboot. Afterwards, run
alc-verb 0x19 0x707 0x24 & alc-verb 0x1a 0x707 0x20 in your terminal and you should be good to go :). Make sure to apply the audio-related changes from my plist file. This should work for every reader here with Inspiron models of our generation with the ALC3254/ALC95 codec.
Got this to work. Thanks @sebasinparis ALCPlugFix-swift works like a charm for our models. Once I find some time Tomorrow before the Holidays, im gonna re-write the guide with all of your profound additions and credits. Finally giving this laptop (and similar) its FULL 100 percent Working GUIDE. Gonna play with the alc95.plist file to see if I can get the headphones to work after restart without having to replug them in.

EDIT: Success. after playing around with the ALC295.plist file, I was able to get the headphones to persist through reboots, shutdowns, startups, and awake from sleep WITHOUT having to disconnect the headphones and plug them back in. I attached the zip with the needed files. and forked it on GitHub. gonna comment to the creator of the black-dragon74/ALCPlugFix to see if he can add the changes to the Master branch. Soon as I get some time gonna re-do the guide to reflect all the changes and to give you your credits @sebasinparis. thanks bro

Attachments

• ALC295PlugFix .zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
add: alc-verbs=1 to boot args. should work after every reboot
I tried doing that, but then the next time I reboot, the headphone audio becomes distorted again and I'll have to input alc-verb 0x19 0x707 0x24 & alc-verb 0x1a 0x707 0x20 in terminal every time I reboot.

Last edited:
Got this to work. Thanks @sebasinparis ALCPlugFix-swift works like a charm for our models. Once I find some time Tomorrow before the Holidays, im gonna re-write the guide with all of your profound additions and credits. Finally giving this laptop (and similar) its FULL 100 percent Working GUIDE. Gonna play with the alc95.plist file to see if I can get the headphones to work after restart without having to replug them in.

EDIT: Success. after playing around with the ALC295.plist file, I was able to get the headphones to persist through reboots, shutdowns, startups, and awake from sleep WITHOUT having to disconnect the headphones and plug them back in. I attached the zip with the needed files. and forked it on GitHub. gonna comment to the creator of the black-dragon74/ALCPlugFix to see if he can add the changes to the Master branch. Soon as I get some time gonna re-do the guide to reflect all the changes and to give you your credits @sebasinparis. thanks bro
Sorry, but can you explain how did you work out with the PlugFix folder that you uploaded? I'm not getting the headphone audio to persist through reboots, shutdowns, startups, and awake from sleep

not sure why your laptop is draining so fast, but Im using 4k res and I still get around 4hrs on a battery that only has 73 percent capacity. you can try using cpufriend and setting the profile to Energy Saving. My cpuFriend is set to perform as fast as possible with the best battery life available. since I mainly use my laptop on AC power, I don't really keep an eye on the battery
can you send me the resources for cpufriend? I don't really know what you're using to configure that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back