Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Feartech I have changed:

<string>/Users/hacbookpro4k/Downloads/Archive/ALCPlugFix/ALC95.plist</string>

to:

<string>/Library/LaunchAgents/ALC95.plist</string>

and now I can delete the files from downloads folder and Headphones still work after reboot, cold boot, and awake from sleep. thanks again for your help in teaching my dumb*** something new :thumbup:
thought i would try the new swift version, removed my hda-verb and ALCPlugFix, disabled CodecCommander.kext

changed from 0x24 to 0x25 in plist
changed location of .plist in com.black-dragon74.ALCPlugFix.plist

placed my plist in documents in a sub folder, ran it, rebooted and seems to work fine after booting and sleeping

my previous approach worked just the same, now it looks like i don't need to have hda-verb and CodecCommander.kext

cheers for that :)

thought i would try the new swift version, removed my hda-verb and ALCPlugFix, disabled CodecCommander.kext

changed from 0x24 to 0x25 in plist
changed location of .plist in com.black-dragon74.ALCPlugFix.plist

placed my plist in documents in a sub folder, ran it, rebooted and seems to work fine after booting and sleeping

my previous approach worked just the same, now it looks like i don't need to have hda-verb and CodecCommander.kext

cheers for that :)
Now I Feel GREAT about my Approach! @Feartech you just confirmed it! Happy I could finally do SOMETHING lol :thumbup:

@Mrgeque Hey! I tried your configuration now on my 7586. Right after selecting the install macOS option in OpenCore, I get like maybe 20 verbose lines then the screen goes pitch black and never comes back. Did you run into that at any point? I know i don't have the exact same laptop as you, but I thought it might be worth a shot since the CPU is almost the same and GPU, screen etc are exactly the same
Are you installing Catalina or Big Sur? For Big Sur you'll need to add the edid patch to you config.plist, from post #23. @sebasinparis has formulated the proper values for our 4k laptops and it works for Big Sur

Are you installing Catalina or Big Sur? For Big Sur you'll need to add the edid patch to you config.plist, from post #23. @sebasinparis has formulated the proper values for our 4k laptops and it works for Big Sur
Catalina, not Big Sur. I am guessing it might not be that easy after all.. Any thoughts on why that might be happening? Seems like something at the very beginning messes up.

@Mrgeque Hey! I tried your configuration now on my 7586. Right after selecting the install macOS option in OpenCore, I get like maybe 20 verbose lines then the screen goes pitch black and never comes back. Did you run into that at any point? I know i don't have the exact same laptop as you, but I thought it might be worth a shot since the CPU is almost the same and GPU, screen etc are exactly the same
if you could capture where it stops at, I can maybe see and try to help. if I can't help, I can elect some PRO help

It's on post #23. Like he said, first delete ssdt-brt6 & it's companion patch. Then here's what you need, make sure to let us know if it worked.
I disabled and deleted ssdt-brt6 and added the two aml files you uploaded but the brightness key f11 and f12 still has no response

@sebasinparis @Mrgeque
I've currently got four issues:

1. How can I get the headphone mic to work? I plugged my headphones in but it still uses the built-in internal microphone.
2. Is there a way to get AirDrop working? In my Finder, there's an AirDrop icon that doesn't say "AirDrop" next to it, and whenever I click on the icon, it quits the Finder window. Or do I have to change my WiFi card for it to work?
3. Going back to the SSDT-GRPW aml file, how can I add the patch that accompanies it? I'm not good at patching aml files. So as I state the problem once again, after waking up my laptop, it turns on, but the screen is black and there is no response to the Caps Lock LED when I click on it, assuming that the laptop is completely frozen. The only way is to force shut down my laptop and reboot, which is such a pet peeve to me. My system sleep wake problem is still not fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
4. Not really essential but @Mrgeque, I set the ui-scale to 01 but still, the scaling remained the same. Tbh, it's kinda hard looking at words that are even smaller than the size of ants on a 14" screen

Last edited:
once you download the zip file,
1. Place ALCPlugFix-Swift into ; /usr/local/bin/
2. Place com.black-dragon74.ALCPlugFix.plist into L/LaunchAgents
3. open a terminal window
4. cd "directory where alcplugfix folder is located"
5. Drag the install.sh file to terminal. press enter
6. When Prompted, Drag ALC295.plist file to terminal, press enter
7. reboot and test
Note: Download the newer ALC295PlugFix.zip file from post #96. With this updated Version, you can DELETE the ALC295.plist and all folders from Downloads folder. Just follow the above steps
Omg thank you so much my headphone audio is now fully functional you are totally amazing!!!

I don't think the CPUFriend is really helping. I see no change in battery drain, as it still drops by 2% per minute with only an hour of battery time at full charge. I don't really know anymore, maybe I do need to get a battery replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back