Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sebasinparis @Mrgeque
I've currently got four issues:

1. How can I get the headphone mic to work? I plugged my headphones in but it still uses the built-in internal microphone.
2. Is there a way to get AirDrop working? In my Finder, there's an AirDrop icon that doesn't say "AirDrop" next to it, and whenever I click on the icon, it quits the Finder window. Or do I have to change my WiFi card for it to work?
3. Going back to the SSDT-GRPW aml file, how can I add the patch that accompanies it? I'm not good at patching aml files. So as I state the problem once again, after waking up my laptop, it turns on, but the screen is black and there is no response to the Caps Lock LED when I click on it, assuming that the laptop is completely frozen. The only way is to force shut down my laptop and reboot, which is such a pet peeve to me. My system sleep wake problem is still not fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
4. Not really essential but @Mrgeque, I set the ui-scale to 01 but still, the scaling remained the same. Tbh, it's kinda hard looking at words that are even smaller than the size of ants on a 14" screen
Airdrop won't work without a compatible wifi card so a swap is a necessity if these features are important to you. Can you post your EFI here so we could possibly see what's the issue for brightness & power, make sure to remove your serial number beforehand.
RDM might help with your scaling issues.

Airdrop won't work without a compatible wifi card so a swap is a necessity if these features are important to you. Can you post your EFI here so we could possibly see what's the issue for brightness & power, make sure to remove your serial number beforehand.
RDM might help with your scaling issues.
Here is my current EFI folder below. Go ahead and take a look

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 73
Try this. Add your serial number & make sure you boot that EFI from your USB so you know it works before replacing the one on your drive. There's a text file explaining the changes I made. I recommend you use XCode to compare the changes as it allows you to easily copy/paste between configs to your heart's content.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    74.1 MB · Views: 56
  • Changes to your Opencore.txt
    975 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:
Catalina, not Big Sur. I am guessing it might not be that easy after all.. Any thoughts on why that might be happening? Seems like something at the very beginning messes up.
sorry I had blackout in area. I need to see a pic or log where it stops. is your dvmt 64mb or greater?

what issue are you currently facing? sorry there was blackout in my area so I couldn't respond earlier

@sebasinparis @Mrgeque

4. Not really essential but @Mrgeque, I set the ui-scale to 01 but still, the scaling remained the same. Tbh, it's kinda hard looking at words that are even smaller than the size of ants on a 14" screen
open your config.plist with OpencoreConfigurator or whatever you use. look for UEFI tab then Under UEFI tab tap the Output tab. Click where it says Resolution you should see a dropdown menu, set res to what you'd like. see if that works and report back please

@sebasinparis @Mrgeque
I've currently got four issues:

3. Going back to the SSDT-GRPW aml file, how can I add the patch that accompanies it? I'm not good at patching aml files. So as I state the problem once again, after waking up my laptop, it turns on, but the screen is black and there is no response to the Caps Lock LED when I click on it, assuming that the laptop is completely frozen. The only way is to force shut down my laptop and reboot, which is such a pet peeve to me. My system sleep wake problem is still not fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated
download the latest OC_757*_Complete.zip file and make the changes you need. the SSDT-GRPW patch is in the config.plist

Try this. Add your serial number & make sure you boot that EFI from your USB so you know it works before replacing the one on your drive. There's a text file explaining the changes I made. I recommend you use XCode to compare the changes as it allows you to easily copy/paste between configs to your heart's content.
Thank you so much for fixing the brightness keys, audio works perfectly fine. However, system sleep wake still isn't fixed; when I close my lid and open back up from sleep, the black screen is still there, the entire system still frozen. Scaling remains the same, it still looks iike a desktop scaling. Hope you can help out on these ones. Thanks

Thank you so much for fixing the brightness keys, audio works perfectly fine. However, system sleep wake still isn't fixed; when I close my lid and open back up from sleep, the black screen is still there, the entire system still frozen. Scaling remains the same, it still looks iike a desktop scaling. Hope you can help out on these ones. Thanks
use the efi zip I provide here. input your credentials (serial/Rom/SUUID). and report back. the SSDT-GRPW patch was missing the OEMTableID.you had a bunch of AppleHDA kexts installed and activated. Remove codecommander as the ALC295PlugFix, handles combo jack audio. and few bootargs for 4k iGPU I removed. try and report back

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
use the efi zip I provide here. input your credentials (serial/Rom/SUUID). and report back. the SSDT-GRPW patch was missing the OEMTableID.you had a bunch of AppleHDA kexts installed and activated. Remove codecommander as the ALC295PlugFix, handles combo jack audio. and few bootargs for 4k iGPU I removed. try and report back
Thank you. I think the sleep wake issue is now fixed; I put my laptop into sleep and then woke it back up and it worked fine but I still have to test it more because previously it sometimes worked and it sometimes didn't. I'll report back to you if there are still issues about the system sleep wake. Also, I don't think you've answered this question but how can I use my headphone microphone? Like I said before, the system still uses the internal mic even when I plugged my headset in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back