Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Recently my macOS system font look so much blurry (see attachments). I am using 10.13.6. This is more profound in macOS mojave night mode (where it is too much blurry). I tried removing LCD smoothing but then font in other apps starts looking blurry.

Is there a reason for this? can it be fixed or tuned? Or it is because my laptop display is not retina? Any suggestions are welcome.
View attachment 343368

The image you attached looks ok to me.

I just ordered this laptop waiting for it to arrive but right now my old HP Envy, I did the following:

- Create bootable USB of Mac High Sierra per the guide on page 1
- Partition the hard drive into 2 partitions using Disk Utility
- Format one as Windows FAT and the other as Mac OS X Journaled (it's important to use Disk Utility on Mac to do this as the EFI partition has to be at least 200MB for certain Disk Utility to function)
- Install Mac onto the second partition
- When computer reboots, boot using USB into Clover so you can boot onto new Mac partition on the Hard Drive
- Install Clover onto the new partition
- Verify Clover boots without USB
- Boot Windows using created USB media and wipe the Windows FAT partition and allow Windows setup to create the necessary partitions for UEFI GPT
- When Windows completes, you should be able to further partition the C: drive to make room for Ubuntu
- Boot using Ubuntu live cd and you should be able to use the remaining unallocated space to install
- During Ubuntu install, I kept the original Grub location and was able to detect all 3 partitions in Clover to boot from whatever one I want.

Since I don't have this laptop quite yet, I can't guarantee it will work exactly the same way, especially if the config.plist file hides Windows or Ubuntu from being displayed in the boot process, but hope this helps.

Edit: Here is my partition scheme with all 3 OS's installed. I am currently using a 512GB EVO 850 SSD which will replace the 1TB my Dell will have but at least I will have 128GB of extra storage with the SSD that's included.

I have the laptop you say you ordered, and I'm just checking in. Have you gotten OSX working on it?

I have the laptop you say you ordered, and I'm just checking in. Have you gotten OSX working on it?

Yes I have. I actually am using the updated files from @Nihhaar which works excellent! I am currently running the 10.14 beta which again works really good. If you do update to 10.14 and use his files, you will need to research about VoodooI2C as you need to make a change for it to run on 10.14 without causing a kernel panic.

Anyone solve "No Microphone Input option for headphones with built-in Mic" problem?

I'm considering buying this model. has there been anymore progress as far as any new fixes? How is the screen brightness? How is the battery life? Where can I download the package files?
Thank you!

Screen brightness and battery are good. Updated files are made by @Nihhaar: "https://github.com/Nihhaar/Hackintosh-Dell-7567/releases"

I am using these files for my 7567 and getting great results! I do agree with @yakim that if anyone has the line-in for Headset fixed that would be great! I tried multiple different layout-id and different files for the Realtek 3246 but no change.

tried multiple different layout-id and different files for the Realtek 3246 but no change.
Have you tried to solve this problem with VodooHDA?

Last edited:
Have you tried to solve this problem with VodooHDA?
No I haven't tried VoodooHDA yet with this laptop. Ive used it in the past. Do you still have to add your IO Device ID for it to work?

@RehabMan Hello, i updated yesterday to 10.13.6 and applied all the files and recommendations in here https://github.com/Nihhaar/Hackintosh-Dell-7567/releases but sadly i get error wile booting and the system always restarts ...
Now i can only boot in single user or safe mode and i'm stuck with no solution any help please...
i've noticed there is no sound any more when using single user mode...
here are my report files

Attachments

• debug_11711.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Can't seem to find anything in this thread or forum, so asking here. Has anyone got the Inspirion G3 working? As the G5/G3 is the "newer" model of this according to Amazon, and the GTX 1060 with the G3 is what I'm looking for (would looove a RX 580 instead for better FCPX performance but can only find one intel/rx580 laptop (HP Omen) that isn't available in the UK in an RX580 config which is aggravating.

Also, is the GPU now working that Nvidia has 10 series support in macOS webdrivers now? Or is that still not something working on this laptop?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back