Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I used the clover folder from bootable usb as my main boot loader on ssd and the os boots and works.
So technically this clover folder does not have any patches like dsdt etc on it. and laptop boots fine with 4k graphics using lilu and coredisplayfixup.
Audio works but at very low volume.

Somehow I feel that Acpi patches might be important but I unable to figure this out. Probably I need more warming up to dsdt's etc.

This is great! Can you expand on this a little bit more? Is the 4K graphics through the 1050ti?

On a separate note can I just install my os boot on a partition that I share with windows?

Thanks

hey all!

first of all I'd like to congratulate @RehabMan and @AGuyWhoIsBored for making this possible, along with all other contributors that made MacOS to run in other hardware.

this is the second device I'm installing High Sierra, I did it in both at the same time with no previous experience, I can say that was a bit difficult, took me around a week to have both systems working stable but with a minor caveats

I said I had some issues but they were addressed, forgot to add achi patches to clover config, now it's working fine, buttons and audio jack.

P.s. Don't forget to update the port limit as there was an update, check High Sierra Desktop Support often.

Last edited:
I'm getting "Still waiting for root device" then the prohibited symbol, when booting from the usb stick. I have no USB 2 device to try it, would I be able to boot the installer from the internal hdd? (would take a while to move stuff around, that's why I'm asking first)

I'm getting "Still waiting for root device" then the prohibited symbol, when booting from the usb stick. I have no USB 2 device to try it, would I be able to boot the installer from the internal hdd? (would take a while to move stuff around, that's why I'm asking first)

Obtain a USB2 stick.

No need. As per another user on this thread, managed to do it with a sd card :)

Hello everyone, I am contacting you because I have a couple issues on this laptop. I have been experimenting with the OP's files and the files from iGeeek from Post 103 to see which one performs better during my tests, but found out each has it's own issue. With the OP's files, I get the following

- Audio works with headphones are plugged in
- Brightness keys are not working as can't figure out how to patch the SSDT-7567.aml using the BRT6 method, so have to use the B and S keys on the keyboard to adjust brightness
- No Microphone Input option for headphones with built-in Mic

The files from iGeeek, have the following

- Proper Brightness control with the F11/F12 keys
- Audio just has static when headphones are plugged in and media is playing

With both methods, the same kexts have been installed to Clover/kexts/Other with CodecCommander installed to /L/E. The only thing that changed is using the config.plist and the DSDT/SSDTs from the respectable sources. My question is, is it possible to either patch the brightness keys using the OPs files, or is it possible to fix the audio static issue with headphones using iGeeek's method? I am attaching my problem reporting files which are using iGeeek's method.
Also because both sources have this issue, is there a way to fix the no 'Line In' Mic option for when wired headset's are plugged in? I am using AppleALC so that issue must be the pinconfigs which I don't have experience with patching.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 130
Hello everyone, I am contacting you because I have a couple issues on this laptop. I have been experimenting with the OP's files and the files from iGeeek from Post 103 to see which one performs better during my tests, but found out each has it's own issue. With the OP's files, I get the following

- Audio works with headphones are plugged in
- Brightness keys are not working as can't figure out how to patch the SSDT-7567.aml using the BRT6 method, so have to use the B and S keys on the keyboard to adjust brightness

The files from iGeeek, have the following

- Proper Brightness control with the F11/F12 keys
- Audio just has static when headphones are plugged in and media is playing

With both methods, the same kexts have been installed to Clover/kexts/Other with CodecCommander installed to /L/E. The only thing that changed is using the config.plist and the DSDT/SSDTs from the respectable sources. My question is, is it possible to either patch the brightness keys using the OPs files, or is it possible to fix the audio static issue with headphones using iGeeek's method? I am attaching my problem reporting files which are using iGeeek's method.
Also because both sources have this issue, is there a way to fix the no 'Line In' Mic option for when wired headset's are plugged in? I am using AppleALC so that issue must be the pinconfigs which I don't have experience with patching.

For audio static issue try this SSDT (just a codeccommander profile, remove existing one). For line in mic option, idk. Also use latest macOS version. This SSDT is from insanelydeepak (so kudos to him).

Attachments

• SSDT_ALC256.aml
    354 bytes · Views: 231
For audio static issue try this SSDT (just a codeccommander profile, remove existing one). For line in mic option, idk. Also use latest macOS version. This SSDT is from insanelydeepak (so kudos to him).

You are the man! I was using the SSDT-ALC256.dsl that was included in the CodecCommander.kext from Rehabman. I removed that and added this to Clover/ACPI/patched and rebooted and now it works. I wonder if the content of this was somehow incorporated in the OPs files, that's why I didn't have the issue on it. Thanks again! I wonder if someone has the pinouts and the layout files for this codec that makes the built-in mic for headsets work?

Followed the guide and got to the step where you need to boot with -f, doesn't seem to work. I can see the Apple logo for 2-4 seconds then the laptop reboots. I did manage to boot though in Safe Mode. Any help ?

Edit: Ok, reinstalled and everything seems to be fine, but it looks like I lost multitouch trackpad functionality. Does anyone happen to know a fix ?

Last edited:
Hey @Nihhaar thanks again for your help with the audio. I stumbled on your github for this laptop and the config files are working good as I do have backlight control using the brightness keys, but I did noticed two things hopefully to help you out. The first is when I put the computer to sleep, with a USB device connected, it will wake instantly. I am not 100% if it just needs the instant wake DSDT patch but wanted to check with you? The other thing was the AppleALC kext included, caused Audio not to work, I had to use the latest one from vit9696 to get it to load. Besides that awesome job and thanks for providing the files and guide!

Edit: I was able to fix it by using RehabMan's '[usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)' DSDT fix. I also posted on your Github to help! Thanks again for providing the files

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back