Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I increased the VRAM from 1536MB -> 2048MB, but it has nothing to do with "not sharp". It gives better GPU-related performance.
Well thank you for All the Great Job you've done ... The exact problem is For exemple if I see youtube videos I select 1080p the quality displayed is a 480 or 360 despite youtube shows 1080 , if I play Local HD videos from my SSD there seem to be a pixel problem videos are medium resolution ... it feels like the screen is not been used as it should be , my screen is the IPS version....or If I have a look at the PC picture in the first post here the image is not as clear as it should be It feels like I see the pixels !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use AptioMemoryFix.efi.
Details in guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

(There will be a few updates soon for drivers64UEFI recommendations... the new defaults are implemented in my build of Clover)

I don't know what exactly is OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 for , but I can confirm that I'm running it without any problem on mine and I feel that the machine is faster at least by 10% better now after the new install...the only problem that i have is the Video and images Resolution that seems lower than what it really is?

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi preferred (some call it AptioMemoryFix.efi).
I mean what is it for exactly? in the guide Nihhaar said to use version 2 of it , but in the new clover there's no more so I thought version 3 is an update to it and I used it...

I mean what is it for exactly? in the guide Nihhaar said to use version 2 of it , but in the new clover there's no more so I thought version 3 is an update to it and I used it...

All of the Aptio fixes (and even LowMemFix) have to do with managing the memory map to be more like what macOS expects.

AptioMemoryFix.efi is the real name from the developer. OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is a renamed AptioMemoryFix.efi and is usually an older version of it.

You can find the source for AptioMemoryFix on github, and the source for OsxAptioFix* on sourceforge (Clover sources).

I increased the VRAM from 1536MB -> 2048MB, but it has nothing to do with "not sharp". It gives better GPU-related performance.

@RehabMan @Nihhaar well here I come back , as I said before in the previous messages I have a real problem with videos and images display being not sharp and I couldn't find any explication , well I went and made some screenshots shared the photos and opened them in my retina iPad and they looked the same so I was convinced that I have a real problem , so here are the two screen shots the first one is from this thread first post wich shows the Inspiron 7567 and I did this intentionally for you will understand and see the quality difference immediately (mine is horrible) ; the second is a shot of a youtube video that is loaded in 1080p60 but the quality is awful...and the last one is from my DVD Player app , I went to help / show available fonctions : and it surprisingly showed no HD Support !!! I hope this will clarify the non sharp image problem I mentioned earlier ... any help will be appreciated ... and please note that this problem wasn't there before my 10.13.6 update ...thank you so much

Attachments

• Screen not sharp.png
    Screen not sharp.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • Video Problem 2.png
    Video Problem 2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • Fonctions gérées DVD Player.png
    Fonctions gérées DVD Player.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
the second is a shot of a youtube video that is loaded in 1080p60 but the quality is awful...

Not possible to tell anything from that image.

and the last one is from my DVD Player app , I went to help / show available fonctions : and it surprisingly showed no HD Support !!!

Not surprising. It has to do with lack of "protected path" (DRM) on hacks.

Not possible to tell anything from that image.

well I've reset the nvram and checked my boot config , I've noticed my serial number and my uuid was missing from the smbios menu , added those , made a restart and the problem is gone . Now every thing is fine and I have to thank you so much for your Precious Time and support....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back