Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to install kexts in /L/E (for 10.11 and later).

If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install RC scripts.
And if at one time you were not using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, you may now have old data in real NVRAM. To erase it, you will need to delete it with the UEFI shell (requires some digging), or do a CMOS reset.

Brightness key mapping guide is in the older brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

You probably have a non-US keyboard/region.
Use Ukelele to create a custom keymap.
It looks like I figured it out. I found the thread for AppleBacklight not saved and was going to use your modified fakesmc and the ssdt but when I rebooted to Mac OS, the backlight value was proper. Turned out at least for this laptop, you need to keep the automatically adjust brightness checked. When it's unchecked, the brightness always goes to max. Also the keyboard issue, I removed the Dell SSDT file that I was using for VoodooPS2 and that fixed the keyboard mapping. I still need to research the brightness key but that might be best for another day lol. Thanks

@AGuyWhoIsBored, have you been able to look at the brightness key issue? I tried to diagnose the keys that will have to be added to DSDT but I got no output in system.log. I couldn't add all the ACPIDebug code that is on @RehabMan's guide as I wonder if using the combined SSDT is causing MaciASL to not apply the proper patches. If you could tell me what patches you applied to the native DSDT and SSDT's, I can try and find out the ACPIDebug code for the brightness keys? Thanks again for your work as beside the brightness key issue, it's running great!

Sierra and later does not use system.log for the kernel log.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

OK here is a snippet of the log when I press F11 (brightness down) followed by F12 (brightness up) one thing I noticed is _Q66 is mentioned for both. Is it possible as I've never coded this before, could you help provide a fix that I could try to see if it works? Not trying to ask a lot as I do feel helpless with this. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• ACPIButton.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 182
OK here is a snippet of the log when I press F11 (brightness down) followed by F12 (brightness up) one thing I noticed is _Q66 is mentioned for both. Is it possible as I've never coded this before, could you help provide a fix that I could try to see if it works? Not trying to ask a lot as I do feel helpless with this. Let me know if you need anything else.

I see no logs from the PS2 kext in that ACPIButton.txt file. What logs are you referring to.

I see no logs from the PS2 kext in that ACPIButton.txt file. What logs are you referring to.

I looked at the guide you posted and ran that log command in terminal and got the snippets I posted. I do have acpidebug.kext installed but I only could apply the first patch that was mentioned in this guide: "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/" the EC queries patch wouldn't apply to the ssdt that was posted in this guide so I wonder if that's causing the issue with no PS2 in the log. Sorry I can't be more help. If I knew what patches was applied to create the final ssdt file, I could try keeping the native dsdt to see if applying both acpidebug patches will help in diagnosing the issue.

I looked at the guide you posted and ran that log command in terminal and got the snippets I posted. I do have acpidebug.kext installed but I only could apply the first patch that was mentioned in this guide: "https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/" the EC queries patch wouldn't apply to the ssdt that was posted in this guide so I wonder if that's causing the issue with no PS2 in the log. Sorry I can't be more help. If I knew what patches was applied to create the final ssdt file, I could try keeping the native dsdt to see if applying both acpidebug patches will help in diagnosing the issue.

EC query patch is meant to apply to DSDT.
Please read the guide carefully.
PS2 logs may be helpful too... install the debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext (assuming you're using it).

EC query patch is meant to apply to DSDT.
Please read the guide carefully.
PS2 logs may be helpful too... install the debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext (assuming you're using it).

So I tried your debug VoodooPS2 and ran the log show command from your Common Problem thread and have the following code related to VoodooPS2Keyboard. Hopefully it helps. Just to clarify from what was said before, since we don't have a patched DSDT and instead have the SSDT that is combined, I was seeing if there was a way, we can patch our SSDT-7567.aml to include the ACPI debug as if this log I post doesn't help, we know we need it.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2 Log.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 73
So I tried your debug VoodooPS2 and ran the log show command from your Common Problem thread and have the following code related to VoodooPS2Keyboard. Hopefully it helps. Just to clarify from what was said before, since we don't have a patched DSDT and instead have the SSDT that is combined, I was seeing if there was a way, we can patch our SSDT-7567.aml to include the ACPI debug as if this log I post doesn't help, we know we need it.

You need to isolate just the logs relating to the problem you're trying to solve.
You might want to avoid uploading all logs of your keystrokes, as such logs may contain your password!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back