Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I too have a 7567 Dell laptop with the specs in my profile details and the 4k monitor.
I tried to install from the USB 3 ports and failed then I tried to install from SD card.

With the SD card I am stuck at "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" (see attached screen)
Before that I also get the "assertion failed: 17B48: launchd + 207985" error. (see attached screen)

I must mention that I have an M2 SSD where I have Windows 10 installed and another SATA SSD where I want to install Mac OS High Sierra.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20171120_210128.jpg
    IMG_20171120_210128.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20171120_210311.jpg
    IMG_20171120_210311.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 365
Hi Guys,

I too have a 7567 Dell laptop with the specs in my profile details and the 4k monitor.
I tried to install from the USB 3 ports and failed then I tried to install from SD card.

With the SD card I am stuck at "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" (see attached screen)
Before that I also get the "assertion failed: 17B48: launchd + 207985" error. (see attached screen)

I must mention that I have an M2 SSD where I have Windows 10 installed and another SATA SSD where I want to install Mac OS High Sierra.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Because of the 4k screen, you must use invalid ig-platform-id during installation.
With highres screens, enabling of proper graphics drivers is a post-install task always due to the need to patch for the pixel clock limit.
Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

i'm research card reader. i have a similar card reader(realtek) like your realtek.
just its difference of device id. my product id 0x129.
can you upload ioreg with inserted sd card reader?

thanks

I planning to buy Dell Inspiron 7577 and want install triple boot: Linux, MacOS and Windows. I will partition 256gb SSD disk to equal sized Linux and MacOS main partitions. And 1tb HDD will be contain 256gb Windows partition and 768gb file storage for Linux and may be MacOS.

I has a lot of experience with dual-boot installation, but never use MacOS. First of all, how is real my plan? And if it can be done, in what order I must do it?

I planning to buy Dell Inspiron 7577 and want install triple boot: Linux, MacOS and Windows. I will partition 256gb SSD disk to equal sized Linux and MacOS main partitions. And 1tb HDD will be contain 256gb Windows partition and 768gb file storage for Linux and may be MacOS.

I has a lot of experience with dual-boot installation, but never use MacOS. First of all, how is real my plan? And if it can be done, in what order I must do it?

I just ordered this laptop waiting for it to arrive but right now my old HP Envy, I did the following:

- Create bootable USB of Mac High Sierra per the guide on page 1
- Partition the hard drive into 2 partitions using Disk Utility
- Format one as Windows FAT and the other as Mac OS X Journaled (it's important to use Disk Utility on Mac to do this as the EFI partition has to be at least 200MB for certain Disk Utility to function)
- Install Mac onto the second partition
- When computer reboots, boot using USB into Clover so you can boot onto new Mac partition on the Hard Drive
- Install Clover onto the new partition
- Verify Clover boots without USB
- Boot Windows using created USB media and wipe the Windows FAT partition and allow Windows setup to create the necessary partitions for UEFI GPT
- When Windows completes, you should be able to further partition the C: drive to make room for Ubuntu
- Boot using Ubuntu live cd and you should be able to use the remaining unallocated space to install
- During Ubuntu install, I kept the original Grub location and was able to detect all 3 partitions in Clover to boot from whatever one I want.

Since I don't have this laptop quite yet, I can't guarantee it will work exactly the same way, especially if the config.plist file hides Windows or Ubuntu from being displayed in the boot process, but hope this helps.

Edit: Here is my partition scheme with all 3 OS's installed. I am currently using a 512GB EVO 850 SSD which will replace the 1TB my Dell will have but at least I will have 128GB of extra storage with the SSD that's included.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
installed high sierra but dont work sound. how can i solve it?

I got the laptop and so far running good using your config! Great job! One thing I've noticed is my brightness level isn't staying after a reboot. I made sure to use the latest clover r4318 with both options to enable NVRAM but it's just not remembering the last setting I set. Also if I apply the AppleBacklightInjector.kext, I can't set the brightness level at all, it only works when I remove it when using your config.plist and .aml file. This is using the latest BIOS 1.2.0

I got the laptop and so far running good using your config! Great job! One thing I've noticed is my brightness level isn't staying after a reboot. I made sure to use the latest clover r4318 with both options to enable NVRAM but it's just not remembering the last setting I set. Also if I apply the AppleBacklightInjector.kext, I can't set the brightness level at all, it only works when I remove it when using your config.plist and .aml file. This is using the latest BIOS 1.2.0

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back