Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to get the unbundled SSDT patches? I like to know what's going on.

Is it possible to get the unbundled SSDT patches? I like to know what's going on.

You can see all the content by opening SSDT-i7567.aml in MaciASL.
Most/all is based on my guides...

What else are you looking for?

It's less something specific and more a better understanding. I like my system to be clearer rather than cleaner. I'll open it though, thanks

Thanks. I had to update my Mac 10.13 to 10.13.1 and now I still get the brightness slider in Display with the kext applied but the level I set is still not saving on reboot. I looked over the guide and tried to remove the PNLF from the .aml file that was posted in this guide and use your PNLF with the AppleBacklightInjector and same thing. Once I get my Dell DW1560 for Wireless, I can provide my problem reporting files. It's weird as I selected the proper Drivers64UEFI and the RC scripts option in the Clover setup so NVRAM should be working unless Dell changed something in the latest BIOS update for this laptop?

Thanks. I had to update my Mac 10.13 to 10.13.1 and now I still get the brightness slider in Display with the kext applied but the level I set is still not saving on reboot. I looked over the guide and tried to remove the PNLF from the .aml file that was posted in this guide and use your PNLF with the AppleBacklightInjector and same thing. Once I get my Dell DW1560 for Wireless, I can provide my problem reporting files. It's weird as I selected the proper Drivers64UEFI and the RC scripts option in the Clover setup so NVRAM should be working unless Dell changed something in the latest BIOS update for this laptop?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here is my problem reporting files. Per your guide, I put the AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E so that's why it's not in my Clover/kexts/Other. When I saw that brightness wasn't sticking after reboot on your guide as well, I put the original PNLF section back in the .aml file as you will see. Let me know if there is anything else you will need.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3 MB · Views: 114
Here is my problem reporting files. Per your guide, I put the AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E so that's why it's not in my Clover/kexts/Other. When I saw that brightness wasn't sticking after reboot on your guide as well, I put the original PNLF section back in the .aml file as you will see. Let me know if there is anything else you will need.

Your kexts are not installed correctly.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

OK all kexts are now in S/L/E and I repaired cache and even though AppleBacklightInjector is showing up in System Profiler Extensions, NVRAM is still not remembering my brightness setting. Also on a side note, the Dell brightness keys are mapped to F11 and F12. Per my problem reporting files, I am using your VoodooPS2Controller with the Dell aml file for the profile but was wondering what code can I use to map the brightness keys? Lastly one bug I noticed with your VoodooPS2Controller is some keys such as the "`~" key is currently mapped to where the pipe key should be. Right now if I physical press the "`~", "§±" will appear so how can I change that so it is mapped correctly? I did make sure that the language in keyboard was set up correctly and ran through the change keyboard type to make sure.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
OK all kexts are now in S/L/E

Best to install kexts in /L/E (for 10.11 and later).

NVRAM is still not remembering my brightness setting.

If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install RC scripts.
And if at one time you were not using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, you may now have old data in real NVRAM. To erase it, you will need to delete it with the UEFI shell (requires some digging), or do a CMOS reset.

Also on a side note, the Dell brightness keys are mapped to F11 and F12. Per my problem reporting files, I am using your VoodooPS2Controller with the Dell aml file for the profile but was wondering what code can I use to map the brightness keys?

Brightness key mapping guide is in the older brightness guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Lastly one bug I noticed with your VoodooPS2Controller is some keys such as the "`~" key is currently mapped to where the pipe key should be. Right now if I physical press the "`~", "§±" will appear so how can I change that so it is mapped correctly? I did make sure that the language in keyboard was set up correctly and ran through the change keyboard type to make sure.

You probably have a non-US keyboard/region.
Use Ukelele to create a custom keymap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back