Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan I am trying to map key codes for brightness, I am following your guide, when I press F11/F12(brightness keys) log shows a big dump of ACPI errors (and so assumed they are generating ACPI events). I patched DSDT correctly as mentioned in guide and logged again but same dump of ACPI errors. Can you help me? Thanks. Problem reporting files attached.

Also fun fact is I can use Fn+B for brightness up and Fn+S for brightness down functions. And Fn+Insert causes abrupt shutdown. Also tell me how to fix this.
iMfKtub.png

Your DSDT has OSID. Must use OSID->XSID patch in that case (when using _OSI->XOSI).

Your DSDT has OSID. Must use OSID->XSID patch in that case (when using _OSI->XOSI).
Oh yeah, I actually copied the patch but forgot to enable. Thanks for pointing out, I will try and let you know. And also why is Fn+Insert key causing abrupt shutdown?

Oh yeah, I actually copied the patch but forgot to enable. Thanks for pointing out, I will try and let you know. And also why is Fn+Insert key causing abrupt shutdown?

Your ACPI configuration is likely to be completely messed up due to the OSID mistake you made...

Your ACPI configuration is likely to be completely messed up due to the OSID mistake you made...
Ok, added the patch to DSDT. Now the errors are gone in log when debugging. No PS2 codes are generated for brightness keys, so I assumed they must be EC queries (again read your guide), patched the DSDT, but realised there are no _QXX methods in my DSDT except _Q66. Does this mean I have to dig through the code for that function? I have no idea how to do it, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Fn + Insert is actually causing hibernation, plz tell me how to disable it.

I also attached Problem-reporting files and also patched disassembled DSL files so that you can look into it without manually disassembling and patching.

Attachments

• Problem-Reporting.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
Why AppleALC doesn't work only for me? :(. Always have to use cloverHDA but I have static noises through headphones. Do you have any static noises in your headphones?
Nvm, IntelGraphicsFixup kext is required for AppleALC to work.

Ok, added the patch to DSDT. Now the errors are gone in log when debugging. No PS2 codes are generated for brightness keys, so I assumed they must be EC queries (again read your guide), patched the DSDT, but realised there are no _QXX methods in my DSDT except _Q66. Does this mean I have to dig through the code for that function? I have no idea how to do it, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Fn + Insert is actually causing hibernation, plz tell me how to disable it.

I also attached Problem-reporting files and also patched disassembled DSL files so that you can look into it without manually disassembling and patching.

With your Dell, I think you'll find your brightness keys are eventually handled by method BRT6 (look at how/where it is called from).

Hibernation should be disabled. See CPU PM guide linked from the FAQ.

With your Dell, I think you'll find your brightness keys are eventually handled by method BRT6 (look at how/where it is called from).

Hibernation should be disabled. See CPU PM guide linked from the FAQ.
Hurray! I've successfully mapped my backlight keys!

Sorry, I've just missed that part of your guide (It clearly mentioned what to do for some dell laptops for patching backlight keys).

Disabled hibernation, but Fn+Insert now goes to sleep mode (but it's ok for me because my pressing sleep from menu sometimes doesn't work if I am moving my mouse (is that common?)) perfectly.

I think I have to fix audio now :(, not to mention there is much fuss about ALC256 online. And the default codec commander profile for ALC256 works sometimes (with static noises in background) and sometimes doesn't. I currently following an issue on cloverHDA GitHub, will definitely ask you if I needed any help. Thank you.

I think I have to fix audio now :(, not to mention there is much fuss about ALC256 online. And the default codec commander profile for ALC256 works sometimes (with static noises in background) and sometimes doesn't. I currently following an issue on cloverHDA GitHub, will definitely ask you if I needed any help. Thank you.

There is an ALC256 specific CodecCommander configuration in the CodecCommander repo.
See SSDT-ALC256.dsl...

I can't seem to get my Audio devices to show up... not even detected by the os!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back