Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (and similar) (Near-Full Functionality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, anyone was able to get a sencond display going with this laptop?
Maybe with a dongle or whatnot. I just need a second monitor (1080p) for work, no fancy stuff, any old connection will work for me.

I don't know what file you're asking for but I did use the gen_debug.sh... I managed to get my speakers working but not the headphone jack
so turns out the headphone jack works just not off a fresh boot... I have to close my laptop and have it sleep first then about 2 seconds of it being closed if I open it the headphones work... weird. maybe a codeccommander issue... I still don't know how to get my pr files lol I'm a newb to this

I successfully completed this guide and have achieved the almost fully working state OP has.

Upon completing the guide I still couldn't get audio to work. I can confirm that OP's SSDT patch for CodecCommander is correct for this codec (ALC256 / ALC3246).
First, when I completed the guide, no audio devices showed up.
Then I updated Lilu, AppleALC and CodecCommander from the latest version on their repos, and that got the system to detect the device, but no audio would actually play (but microphone worked for some reason).
What did the trick was removing FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio. Those were interfering with the device ID, and newer versions of AppleALC already include the correct device ID patching.

In summary:
- Update Lilu, AppleALC and CodecCommander
- Remove FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.

NOTE: All my kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other , as I didn't feel like disabling SIP and keep fixing my kext permissions each time I changed something. That also required me to change the config.plist setting to always inject kexts.

@AGuyWhoIsBored
If you could include that in your guide as an alternative, that would be good for people trying it now.
Also, did you manage to get the subwoofer working? That would be a nice addition :)

I successfully completed this guide and have achieved the almost fully working state OP has.

Upon completing the guide I still couldn't get audio to work. I can confirm that OP's SSDT patch for CodecCommander is correct for this codec (ALC256 / ALC3246).
First, when I completed the guide, no audio devices showed up.
Then I updated Lilu, AppleALC and CodecCommander from the latest version on their repos, and that got the system to detect the device, but no audio would actually play (but microphone worked for some reason).
What did the trick was removing FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio. Those were interfering with the device ID, and newer versions of AppleALC already include the correct device ID patching.

In summary:
- Update Lilu, AppleALC and CodecCommander
- Remove FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.

NOTE: All my kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other , as I didn't feel like disabling SIP and keep fixing my kext permissions each time I changed something. That also required me to change the config.plist setting to always inject kexts.

@AGuyWhoIsBored
If you could include that in your guide as an alternative, that would be good for people trying it now.
Also, did you manage to get the subwoofer working? That would be a nice addition :)

It works for me with FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio, but the only thing I had to do is to use IntelGraphicsFixup kext. Are you sure you using that? And also do you get any static noises from your headphones in your setup? (generally after wake from sleep)

There is an ALC256 specific CodecCommander configuration in the CodecCommander repo.
See SSDT-ALC256.dsl...
Yeah, I used that, but I am getting a static noise (slight buzz) on both sides of the headphones. I've also used an SSDT from a cloverHDA issue, which is better, as in many cases it has no static noise, but sometimes only on one side. I think we just have to use an exact codec commander profile for the laptop specific codec. I couldn't understand the profile properly, so can you help me what those numbers in the SSDT profile, how to find them exactly from codec dump and how to configure it properly.

Thank you.

Yeah, I used that, but I am getting a static noise (slight buzz) on both sides of the headphones. I've also used an SSDT from a cloverHDA issue, which is better, as in many cases it has no static noise, but sometimes only on one side. I think we just have to use an exact codec commander profile for the laptop specific codec. I couldn't understand the profile properly, so can you help me what those numbers in the SSDT profile, how to find them exactly from codec dump and how to configure it properly.

Thank you.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

How did you guys disable the nVidia card? My specs are below. I get stuck at boot into the installer and I'm guessing it's the card not being off. I have downloaded the correct plist for HD530.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back